Croatia to Montenegro Family Multi-Adventure Tour - 20s & Beyond
Historic Split to Dubrovnik & the Bay of Kotor
Even if you've never uttered "multi-adventure vacation" and "Croatia and Montenegro" in the same sentence, give it a go—we think you'll love the sound of it. Find bliss on the Dalmatian Coast and be charmed by Dubrovnik. Meander in Montenegro's medieval Kotor. Swim or give kayaking a try on a pristine Adriatic bay. By bike, boat and on foot, discover this region as few travelers do.
THIS ITINERARY: 6 days, 5 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels
Croatia & Montenegro
Start Split / End Tivat
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Hike above Kotor, a charming medieval village, taking in breathtaking panoramic views of Montenegro's coast and mountains
- Bike picturesque routes just beyond the tiled and turreted city of Dubrovnik, the ancient and fascinating Pearl of the Adriatic
- Sip crisp local wines, savor delicious farm-to-table cuisine and relish incredibly fresh Croatian seafood
- Paddleboard or kayak in the crystal-clear waters of the Bay of Kotor, a stunning World Heritage site
6 Days Premiere Hotels
Marvel at the vast beauty of the Dalmatian Coast on a journey from Split to Korčula Island | Bike past vineyards, olive groves and quaint villages along the southern coast of Korčula | Discover historic Korčula Town, on one of the most verdant islands in the Adriatic | Savor some of the best locally sourced seafood in Croatia.
This hotel in the heart of old town elegantly celebrates the marriage between old and new, with rooms uniquely organized around shared spaces. A Relais & Châteaux member. (spa)
Spin with your family through the wine-growing region of the Pelješac Peninsula, from inland villages to the vast blue coast | Explore the World Heritage site of Dubrovnik, with its turrets, spires and red-tiled roofs | Sail along the Dubrovnik Riviera to the secluded Elaphiti Island of Lopud, renowned for its unparalleled beauty | Walk past ancient churches and ruins that showcase the island's Greco-Roman and Slavic heritage | Hike to a sandy beach for a refreshing swim in the Adriatic | At hilltop Sutvrač Fort, panoramic views await.
Tucked away in historic Old Town, this elegant boutique hotel is housed in a 17th-century baroque building.
The Konavle region, on the southernmost tip of Croatia, provides plentiful views of mountains and the sea | Spin across the border to Montenegro and the coastal town of Tivat, whose rocky mountains are dotted with cypress, fig, olive, cedar and pine trees | Hike past fortresses and hilltop towns along the wondrous and vast Bay of Kotor, a World Heritage site | Explore the winding cobbled streets, charming squares, medieval churches and aristocratic mansions of Kotor | Finish your family adventure with a kayak excursion on the bay's sapphire waters.
With design inspired by the Venetian Renaissance, this luxurious hotel boasts superb views of the marina. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 2-4
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
Daily Route Options
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
To bring you to our favorite parts of the Dalmatian Coast and Montenegro, we make liberal use of shuttles and boats on this trip. So although you'll ride in a shuttle or boat on most days, consider it an opportunity to view some spectacular scenery while resting your legs in preparation for your next activity.