DESTINATION ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
There are currently special requirements for travelers to this region. Learn more.
Banff to Jasper Family Multi-Adventure Tour - 20s & Beyond
Lake Louise & the Icefields Parkway
This family adventure will take your breath away! Float on a glacier-fed river. Pedal along crystalline lakes. Discover a rushing waterfall hiking up a dramatic limestone gorge. Spy moose, elk, bighorn sheep. At every turn, get ready to catch your breath discovering magical corners of the Canadian Rockies.
THIS ITINERARY: 6 days, 5 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Casual & Casual Plus Hotels
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Discover natural and historic treasures—and stunning mountain views—by bike, foot and boat through Banff and Jasper National Parks
- Walk the massive Athabasca Glacier's icy lunar landscape as you trek in ice cleats with informative mountain guides
- Bike along roadways flanked by towering peaks to the Bow River and hike gorgeous alpine trails from impossibly blue Moraine Lake
- Enjoy a family float through magnificent canyon scenery along the mellow Class II rapids of the Athabasca River's glacier-fed waters
6 Days Casual & Casual Plus Hotels
Follow the winding Bow River as you pedal past virgin forests and vibrant wildflowers | A scenic trail leads you on a hike through Johnston Canyon to a picturesque waterfall | Admire the vivid blue hues of Moraine Lake beneath the striking Wenkchemna Peaks.
This hidden gem, nestled in a wooded setting beneath the Canadian Rockies, features a great location next to a babbling brook.
Don’t miss a late-afternoon photo op at Lake Louise, a world-renowned beauty and World Heritage site ringed by towering glaciated peaks | Bike the stunning Icefields Parkway with sweeping vistas of mountains, glaciers, lakes and evergreens | Keep an eye out for wildlife—you just might see moose, bighorn sheep and black bears | Stroll along the shore of Bow Lake for a closer view of Bow Glacier Falls.
This rustic and simple mountain retreat offers an atmosphere of secluded tranquility on the banks of Bow Lake.
Ready for an ice walking adventure? Explore Athabasca Glacier with expert mountain guides | Witness the most powerful river in the park plunging over a cliff of eroded limestone at Athabasca Falls | Back on your bike, continue down the Athabasca Valley, tracing the river | Gaze at teal-hued Maligne Lake, Jasper National Park's longest and deepest lake | Take a gradual downhill spin before a hike through spectacular Maligne Canyon, a product of the sculpting power of water | Following a route used by early fur traders and explorers, float gently down Class II rapids on the Athabasca River | Rafting offers a new perspective on the landscape—as well as more chances to see wildlife | Walk through pristine mountain wilderness in the Valley of Five Lakes, winding past its blue-green namesakes.
A cluster of simple cabins with fireplaces and porches, nestled in pines above the confluence of the Athabasca and Miette Rivers.
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 2-4
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
Please be aware that the terrain and elevation can make the routes feel more challenging than the mileage may suggest.
Daily Route Options
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
This trip includes the historic Num-Ti-Jah Lodge, where guest rooms are clean and comfortable, but simpler than the typical Backroads standard. We've chosen this property because of its proximity to our favorite routes and the fantastic views. Please note that the guest rooms are not typically equipped with televisions, hair dryers or air-conditioning and the lodge does not have in-room phones or cell phone service.
Our exploration of the Canadian Rockies includes time riding on the famed Icefields Parkway for its unrivaled access to wildlife and natural beauty. While the scenery is stunning, sections of the pavement can be rough and repaving is ongoing. The parkway's shoulder is wide, but the area is busy so you should be comfortable riding with traffic. Of course, you're always welcome to jump in the shuttle to avoid more trafficked sections.