Provence to the French Riviera Family Multi-Adventure Tour - Older Teens & 20s
Nice to Saint-Tropez: the Côte d’Azur & the French Alps Foothills
They call it the Côte d'Azur – the Azure Coast. Maybe it’s because of the clear blue skies that blanket these sparkling Mediterranean shores and pour sunshine across those lucky enough to sink their toes in the sand. Or maybe it’s the turquoise waters that offer a refreshing dip after a day’s bike ride down from the southern French Alps right to the water’s edge. Or perhaps it’s simply what one must feel at the thought of ever leaving this magical place.
THIS ITINERARY: 6 days, 5 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels
Special Kids Prices
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Embark on an active journey in the Côte d'Azur from Nice, France’s legendary vacation city
- Bike in the foothills of the southern French Alps and amid the emerald-hued Massif des Maures
- Hike through tiny coastal enclaves and past jaw-dropping vistas to must-see Pampelonne beach
- Lounge by the sea à la Brigitte Bardot and sip pastis at sunset in ever-stylish Saint-Tropez
6 Days Premiere Hotels
Bike off-the-beaten-path routes in the Préalpes d’Azur Nature Park nestled in an alpine landscape | Visit enchanting villages perchés (perched villages) high above the sea whose stone façades change colors with the morning light | An afternoon ride leads to the hamlet of St-Paul-de-Vence and to the Vence Chapel, designed by the artist Henri Matisse | Hilltop cafés provide opportune moments to savor a post-ride aperitif and views of the Mediterranean Sea | Hike chaparral-covered hills and get a 360-degree look from the summit | Linger in lovely Tourrettes-sur-Loup | Exquisite cuisine and world-class hospitality await at our Provençal hideaway.
Brightly lit rooms with refined décor are distributed among seven luxurious villas surrounded by the iconic sun-bathed landscape of Provence. A Relais & Châteaux member. (pool, spa)
Ride to your heart’s content through the lush green Maures mountains | Hang out with the locals in lively Vidauban | Umbrella pines, cork oaks and sandstone outcrops create a savannah-like scene in La Plaine des Maures Nature Park | Follow coastal hiking trails from the Camarat lighthouse to hidden white-sand beaches | Kayak the azure waters around Cap Lardier and Cap Taillat | Hone your lawn bowling skills during a friendly round of pétanque on the Place des Lices | Bike quiet roads along the sea to the resort towns of Cavalaire-sur-Mer and Le Lavandou | Cobblestone streets and sweeping bougainvillea greet you in Gassin, a member of the Plus Beaux (Most Beautiful) Villages of France | Unwind in the sand at chic Pampelonne and at our retreat in Saint-Tropez, jewel of the French Riviera.
Elegant, airy and infused with sophisticated Provençal and Tropézienne décor, this boutique property has been lovingly designed to feel like a home away from home.
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 2-4
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next—and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do. LEARN MORE.
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage