Canadian Rockies Family Multi-Adventure Tour - 20s & Beyond
Banff & Yoho's Epic National Parks
It's okay to feel small among these mountains that loom so large. Bike and hike in wide U-shaped valleys. Be mesmerized by dramatic waterfalls. Stare down at fast-flowing rivers and grand lakes in turquoise shades. You may feel dwarfed by this grandeur, but far from insignificant, because you're in it and part of it. In the Rockies, small is meaningful.
THIS ITINERARY: 6 days, 5 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere & Casual Hotels*
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Bike through lush and varied landscapes, relishing epic views of Mount Rundle, Cascade Mountain and Lake Minnewanka
- Relax and luxuriate at the European chalet-style Post Hotel, the epitome of comfort and old-world elegance
- Behold vistas of Mount Victoria, beautifully reflected in the glacial-blue waters of Lake Louise
- Raft with white-water experts on the roiling Kicking Horse River—talk about thrilling Class II–IV adrenaline!
6 Days Premiere & Casual Hotels*
Admire sensational views of Mount Rundle and Cascade Mountain as you bike to Lake Minnewanka | Options abound today—pedal up to a lookout on Mount Norquay for breathtaking vistas of the Banff townsite, the surrounding Rockies and the expansive Bow Valley, or shop and stroll in the picturesque resort town of Banff.
A grand contemporary lodge on Sulphur Mountain with awe-inspiring views of Bow Valley and the surrounding Rockies. Travel + Leisure World's Best. (pool, spa)
In the morning, take a spin amid towering peaks, virgin forests and the blue-green Bow River | Keep an eye out along the way for wildlife | Hike to a series of stunning waterfalls through Johnston Canyon | On your bike, point your wheels toward Lake Louise, where dinner at the Post Hotel adds an elegant flourish to the day | Hike to views of impossibly blue Moraine Lake and through the meadowlands of the Larch Valley | Ascend into an alpine area with vistas at every turn of 10 glaciated mountains known as Wenkchemna Peaks.
This European-style mountain chalet, set on the Pipestone and Bow Rivers, is the epitome of old-world elegance. A Relais & Châteaux member. Travel + Leisure World's Best. (pool, spa)
Stroll along Lake Louise's shoreline before climbing to witness a spectacular panorama of glaciers and vertical peaks—you may even spot mountain goats or hear the thunderclap of ice avalanching from the hanging Victoria Glacier | Embark on a classic Rockies trek to the historic Plain of Six Glaciers Teahouse | Get ready for a splashing good time rafting on the Kicking Horse River | Behold the impressive Takakkaw Falls, one of Canada's tallest waterfalls.
A secluded turn-of-the-century lodge, built of hand-hewn timber and featuring simple cabins nestled in the woods above a spectacular tree-rimmed glacial lake.
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-3
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
Most activities on this trip take place at elevations of 3,000–6,800 feel, which can make the routes feel more challenging than the mileage might suggest. The biking routes on this trip are on narrow roads with narrow shoulders and moderate traffic, but maximum speed limits are reduced in the national parks. The hiking terrain on this trip includes rugged mountain trails and well-maintained paths, with some rocky sections and steep descents.
Daily Route Options
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
This trip includes the historic Emerald Lake Lodge, where guest rooms are clean and comfortable, but simpler than the typical Backroads standard. We've chosen this property because of its proximity to our favorite routes and the fantastic setting. Please note that the guest rooms are not equipped with televisions or air-conditioning.
Post Hotel & Spa is a Premiere Hotel. While it offers outstanding service and amenities, please note that it is not equipped with air-conditioning and guest rooms can occasionally become warm during peak temperatures.