Utah & Arizona's National Parks Family Multi-Adventure Tour - 20s & Beyond
Majestic Bryce, Zion & Grand Canyon
You have to wonder. What did the first people think when they saw the Grand Canyon? This chasm plunging more than a mile at its deepest. Rocks nearly two billion years old. Vast sun-soaked plateaus. It's incredible. And it's only a third of the trip. Bryce and Zion await with their own wealth of epic moments. While you're here, feel free to wonder.
THIS ITINERARY: 6 days, 5 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Casual Hotels
Start/End St. George
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Venture into Zion Canyon, where every trail provides a window into its geologic wonders
- Hike amid bizarre and colorful hoodoos, pinnacles, spires and monoliths in photogenic Bryce Canyon
- Bike through the crimson sandstone wonderland of Red Canyon—a spectacular ride!
- NOTE: Select departures do not visit the Grand Canyon because the US Park Service paused most commercial group permits. View the Detailed Itinerary or call us at 800-462-2848 for more information.
6 Days Casual Hotels
Is this Earth or another planet? Towering cliff walls, crimson sandstone canyons, cascading waterfalls and hanging gardens await your discovery at Zion National Park | Hike to the edge of the Virgin River and look into one of the most renowned slot canyons in the world | After sunset, take in the real show starring one of the darkest skies around | Picturesque routes abound in this hiker's paradise from relaxed walks past emerald pools to climbs up to soaring cliffs that provide magnificent panoramic vistas | What about a visit to the Zion Human History Museum? Or maybe you'd rather explore Springdale's shops and art galleries? The choice is yours!
With Arts & Crafts architecture that harkens back to the early days of the national parks' tradition, this cozy lodge offers panoramic views of Zion's cliffs just steps from the park's south entrance. (pool)
Spin along Zion's car-free Scenic Drive | Journey down the Grand Staircase into Arizona and learn about the fascinating geologic history of this immense sequence of sedimentary rock layers | Behold the Grand Canyon, one of the world's Seven Natural Wonders | Hike along a secluded trail offering wide-open vistas across the canyon | A drive to Cape Royal provides superb views of the Colorado River as it slices through the earth | Swap stories with fellow travelers at the North Rim's historic Grand Canyon Lodge.
This 1920s rustic stone-and-wood lodge is perched above the grandeur of the remote North Rim.
Bryce Canyon's maze of pinnacles, spires and windows are a mesmerizing study in the power of erosion | Hike through an impressive slot canyon with walls only 10 feet apart in places | Walk to Queen's Garden amid a vibrant labyrinth of hoodoos and vivid rock formations sprouting from the canyon floor | Look for Thor's Hammer, the Hunter and Queen Victoria | Pedal among vermilion rocks and desert wildflowers, surrounded by sheer cliffs and more hoodoos.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this simple park lodge is mere steps from the canyon's edge.
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-3
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
Daily Route Options
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
The Lodge at Bryce Canyon and Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim are fairly rustic national park lodges that reflect their natural surroundings. While these historic hotels offer simpler accommodations than is typical of Backroads lodging, they've been selected because of their unparalleled access to the best riding and hiking in the region. Please note that the guest rooms are basic and are not equipped with televisions or air-conditioning (nights are usually cool due to the high elevation). Generally speaking, customer service in the national parks can seem casual and slow when compared with the high standards of hospitality found on other Backroads trips.
The National Park Service has many regulations on hiking. In Zion National Park they limit where you can hike when accompanied by your trip leaders. Your leaders will provide pre-walk briefings, maps and directions so you can explore certain trails on your own. In Bryce Canyon National Park, your leaders can hike with you but can't act as "interpretive guides." They'll also be unable to hike with you in Grand Canyon National Park. Throughout the trip, your leaders will give an orientation to the area's flora, fauna and terrain before your hikes. Permit restrictions also dictate that your leaders won't be able to offer route support on the optional bike ride at the Grand Canyon. Thank you for helping us cooperate with each park's regulations.
According to local COVID-19 regulations and park operation limitations, most national park lodge meals this season will be to-go style and outdoors. Chilly mornings and evenings are not unusual, so please come prepared with plenty of layers. Of course, you are welcome to take any meals back to your room. We recognize that this will not be a typical Backroads dining experience; we are working hard behind the scenes to provide an excellent trip experience while following all regional restrictions and guidelines. Please note that regulations are subject to change, and we will take advantage accordingly.