Whistler Walking & Hiking Tour - Active Weekend Getaway
Vancouver, Sunshine Coast & Blackcomb Mountain
Step into Canada’s quintessential west coast and explore British Colombia’s untamed nature by ferry, foot and gondola. Enter an outdoor paradise where wide-open spaces meet sheer granite faces. And in between, turquoise lakes and pristine streams sparkle. In Whistler, quaint outdoor cafés, boutiques and car-free streets mirror a European mountain village. Welcome to a weekend of sea-to-sky bliss.
THIS ITINERARY: 3 days, 2 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Hike through coastal rain forests, volcanic landscapes, alpine trails and meadows bursting with summertime wildflowers
- Soar to the top of the area’s twin peaks—Whistler and Blackcomb—for unsurpassed vistas of alpine lakes, rushing rivers and ancient glaciers
- Explore Whistler’s rich mountain lifestyle and vibrant art scene plus learn the history and culture of its First Nations heritage
- Escape to peaceful surroundings on bucolic Bowen Island and explore the trails and oceanside community at Snug Cove
3 Days Premiere Hotels
Day 1 From Vancouver, we journey past dramatic coastline to Horseshoe Bay for a scenic ferry ride to the idyllic haven of Bowen Island—home to towering forests, moody shores and salty air | Keep an eye out for orcas en route! | Just steps from the boat, our inaugural hike reveals an old-growth cedar forest near glistening Killarney Lake and Mount Gardner | Watch for birdlife and catch your breath at stunning viewpoints of the Sunshine Coast and the steep fjords of Howe Sound | At our lodge in Whistler, relax on the deck admiring Nita Lake and the surrounding lush mountain landscape, or head to the water and take out a canoe, kayak or stand-up paddleboard.
Days 2-3 Soar in a gondola to the peak of Blackcomb Mountain and its subalpine terrain bursting with wildflowers | Stand in awe of 360-degree views of spectacular Coast Mountain Range, Blackcomb Mountain and the Spearhead Range from Whistler Peak | Discover hidden glacial lakes and more wildflower meadows as you travel from Blackcomb Mountain to Whistler Mountain on the Peak 2 Peak Gondola | Look for scurrying marmots, whose whistle gave the town its name | As you climb into alpine terrain on the Overlord Trail, feel the change in climate | On a walk loved by locals, wind through cedars of the Lost Lake shoreline | Follow the Cultural Connector pathway, linking six cultural institutions, to the Audain Art Museum, showcasing indigenous art and works by some of Canada’s famous contemporary artists | With so much to see and do in Whistler and Vancouver, you just might want to stay a few extra days on your own!
Tucked along the shore of a glacier-fed lake at the base of Whistler Mountain, this peaceful boutique hotel offers lakeview rooms and quick access to prime alpine hiking. (spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-3
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next—and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do. LEARN MORE.
Note: The terrain on this trip includes rugged mountain trails and well-maintained paths, with some rocky sections, roots and steep ascents and descents. Activities on this trip take place between sea level and 9,000 feet—activities at high elevation can make routes feel more challenging than the mileage may suggest.
- All breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage