Napa Valley & Sonoma Walking & Hiking Tour
Vineyards, Redwoods & Pacific Coastline
Napa Valley's oak-studded mountains and vineyard-laced hills. Sonoma County's ancient redwood groves and dramatic coastal bluffs. Exhilarating hikes in a richly diverse landscape and exclusive tastings with local winemakers. Experience one of California's most iconic regions on this bucket-list Wine Country hiking tour. Phenomenal hotels, world-class wineries and breathtaking scenery await.
THIS ITINERARY: 5 days, 4 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels
Start/End San Francisco
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Vacation at exquisite hotels—idle poolside, indulge at the spa or linger by the fireplace and watch the sunset
- Hike among soaring centuries-old redwoods and through a lush canyon to the rugged cliffs of the Pacific coast
- Taste the valley's best vintages and connect with 5th-generation winemakers at a family-owned Sonoma estate
- Enjoy seasonal produce, a variety of cheeses, fresh-baked breads, olive oil, honey... the local bounty is endless
5 Days Premiere Hotels
Tour a Sonoma Valley vineyard and wine estate and learn about the winemaking process from an expert | Enjoy stellar scenery during a mountaintop wine tasting | Towering coastal redwoods give way to wide grasslands and rugged chaparral as we make our way to the coast | Take in sweeping scenes of the Pacific Ocean and the mouth of the Russian River | Discover the charms of the tiny seaside enclave of Jenner | Unwind at our luxurious resort’s one-of-a-kind spa or sip a “Garden to Glass” craft cocktail by the fire with panoramic valley views.
Highlighting California design at its finest, with bungalow-inspired design and a beautiful blend of indoor and outdoor living space, this 250-acre eco-luxury oasis in the heart of Wine Country is a true escape. (pool, spa)
Ancient redwoods provide a majestic backdrop for our hike in Armstrong Redwoods State Reserve | Savor an organic farm-to-table lunch | Play bocce ball or enjoy a glass of rosé before we dine in style at Solbar restaurant in Calistoga | Hike along a historic mining trail in the shadow of dramatic lava pinnacles | Borrow a bike from our hotel and check out Calistoga's boutiques and galleries | Experience California's sensational cuisine during an alfresco dinner in the valley | Visit our friends at the Clif Family Winery in enchanting St. Helena | Extend your vacation in Wine Country or take in the iconic sights of San Francisco.
Set on 22 acres surrounded by the Mayacamas and Palisades Mountains, Solage offers a blend of urban chic and Wine Country casual. Pamper yourself at Spa Solage, followed by a delicious meal at Solbar. Travel + Leisure World's Best. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy.
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-3
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
The terrain on this trip includes rolling hills and forest paths, and vineyard, farm and historic site walks, with occasional rocky and uneven sections.
Daily Route Options
- All breakfasts, 3 dinners, 4 lunches
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage