Sardinia & Corsica Family Walking & Hiking Tour - 20s & Beyond
The Italian & French Mediterranean
Wander through Sardinia, Italy's Mediterranean jewel, and discover old-world towns, secret coves and picturesque seaside paths. Then sail across the sea to Corsica's wild and beautiful landscape. Explore pristine beaches, forested trails and enchanting hilltop villages. Three luxurious hotels, two unique islands, one journey your family will never forget—and far too many treasures to count.
THIS ITINERARY: 6 days, 5 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels
France & Italy
Start Olbia, Sardinia / End Ajaccio, Corsica
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Experience crystal-clear lagoons and unforgettable natural beauty in Sardinia, Italy's rugged island paradise
- Enjoy peaceful coastal routes and idyllic mountain trails on the magnificent Mediterranean isle of Corsica
- Savor sumptuous seaside hotel stays and the impeccable flavors of two-Michelin-starred regional cuisine
- Feel lost in time as you walk among authentic villages vibrant with unique blends of French and Italian culture
6 Days Premiere Hotels
Experience the cinematic Mediterranean landscapes and unique spirit of Sardinia | Stroll through San Pantaleo's charming piazza | Hike rugged seaside trails along the stunning Costa Smeralda | Visit traditional fishing villages | A scenic boat ride brings us to the undeveloped islands of La Maddalena archipelago | Discover a national park surrounded by sailboat-dotted turquoise waters | Walk across the island of Caprera to reach pristine beaches and secret coves.
Overlooking the most beautiful bay in Costa Smeralda, this glamorous hotel—a film location for 007: The Spy Who Loved Me—has everything you need for a vibrant Mediterranean vacation. (pool)
Continue your two-island journey in Corsica, nicknamed the Isle of Beauty—geologic wonders and stunning landscapes abound! | Feel history come to life on a guided tour of medieval Bonifacio, one of Corsica's oldest and most beautiful towns | Capp off a day on the trail in the chic coastal town of Porto-Vecchio, home to some of the island's best beaches | Two-Michelin-starred cuisine awaits at chic Casadelmar.
Private seafront terraces, Michelin-starred cuisine, sophisticated modern design and an exclusive beach create an idyllic escape along Corsica's coastline. (pool, spa)
Hike a hand-picked section of the Mare a Mare (Sea to Sea) Trail | Tiny perched villages hidden among the Alta Roca's peaks and meadows seem trapped in time | Enjoy a café in a quintessential Corsican town | Hike among granite slopes and Mediterranean shrubs | Walk quiet paths along the coast, passing Corsican hamlets and ancient Genoese towers | Sail from seaside Propriano to the postcard-perfect town of Campomoro | While away the afternoon hours in a lounge chair on our hotel's exclusive beach.
Elegant, luxurious and serene, this beachfront hotel is surrounded by nature with a private golden-sand beach, lush gardens and sweeping views over the sea. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 2-4
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next—and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do. LEARN MORE.
Note: The terrain on this trip includes backcountry trails, rocky mountain paths and uneven coastal trails. With any route option you choose, be prepared to navigate occasional steep ascents and descents, and keep in mind that the rocky terrain combined with the summer heat can increase the perceived difficulty of your hikes, regardless of distance.
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
To bring you to our favorite parts of Sardinia and Corsica, we make liberal use of shuttles and boats on this trip. So although you'll ride in a shuttle or boat on most days, consider it an opportunity to view some spectacular scenery while resting your legs in preparation for your next activity.