Canadian Rockies Family Heli-Hiking Tour - Older Teens & 20s
Beautiful Lake Louise & Heli-Hiking at Bobbie Burns
Get ready for a bucket list adventure! Fly by helicopter to areas so remote it would be an epic challenge to get there on your own—if you could get there at all. Be awestruck by the dramatic solitude. Embark on memorable hikes amid jagged peaks, translucent lakes and glaciated terrain. Gather the family and join us for a Heli-Hiking expedition you'll never forget!
THIS ITINERARY: 5 days, 4 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels
Special Kids Prices
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Ascend to the deep bliss of Western Canada’s pristine wilderness and towering peaks, with helicopter access to the heart of extraordinary and remote alpine terrain
- Hike among ancient glaciers, legendary mountain ranges and alpine ecosystems teeming with wildflowers
- Join an awe-inspiring via ferrata adventure or walk amid towering arêtes, crystalline lakes and glistening glaciers
- Enjoy your time at the masterfully remodeled Bobbie Burns Lodge, unwinding in the sanctuary of this remote mountain retreat
5 Days Premiere Hotels
Discover dramatic views of Mount Victoria and the Victoria Glacier on your hike to the rustic Plain of Six Glaciers Teahouse | Hike along the Highline Trail to Lake Agnes and pass Mirror Lake | Breathtaking glimpses unfold of exquisitely blue glacier-fed Lake Louise.
This luxurious hotel in Banff National Park is surrounded by the dramatic Victoria Glacier, mountains and a glacial blue lake and offers easy access to scenic hiking trails and canoeing adventures. Travel + Leisure World's Best. (pool, spa)
Lift off for the adventure of a lifetime on an exhilarating helicopter flight to Bobbie Burns Lodge, surrounded by an ultimate alpine playground | Head out on a thrilling via ferrata hike to scale Mount Nimbus or trek through an extraordinary landscape of crystalline lakes, remote glaciers, towering granite peaks and lush canyons | Try a ropes course adventure, tackle the indoor climbing wall or simply bask in the beauty of a sun-kissed meadow | Fly to the edge of an ice field and follow a path along a millennia-old glacier | Relax with your family at the lodge and rejuvenate in the outdoor hot tub, steam room or sauna | Journey to Kootenay National Park and hike above Marble Canyon, crossing narrow bridges | Listen to the roar of Tokumm Creek crashing below | Discover the Paint Pots—a group of three iron-rich cold mineral springs that bubble up and stain the earth a deep red-orange.
Perched high in the Purcell and Selkirk mountain ranges, this newly renovated remote and cozy wilderness lodge has simple but charming rooms and boasts breathtaking scenery, an extensive wine cellar, sauna and outdoor whirlpool.
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 2-4
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
The allure of heli-hiking is that you can reach normally inaccessible and remote locations where well-formed trails do not exist. During these excursions, the guides from Canadian Mountain Holidays facilitate our passage by tracing obscure alpine and subalpine paths, leading us through valleys and meadows to the shores of glacial lakes or following the inclines and declines of rocky alpine ridgelines in the midst of glaciers and granite spires. Our hiking routes take place at higher altitudes on uneven rocky and loamy terrain that can have some significant elevation gains and losses, which makes this heli-hiking vacation challenging but extremely rewarding.
Daily Route Options
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
On this trip we travel by helicopter (seating 14 passengers) to reach the remote region and activities this destination has to offer.