California's Yosemite Family Multi-Adventure Tour - Older Teens & 20s
National Park's Giant Sequoias & Iconic Half Dome
Yosemite is a place that must be experienced to be believed. The iconic majesty of Half Dome. The enormity of El Capitan. The awesome immensity of centuries-old sequoias. Come experience one of the world's most glorious landscapes with us. Though words may fail you, this adventure will live in your family's memory forever.
THIS ITINERARY: 6 days, 5 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere & Casual Hotels*
Special Kids Prices
Start/End San Francisco
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Hike to glorious waterfalls, alpine meadows and sweeping panoramas of Yosemite Valley and explore Hetch Hetchy Valley in a lesser-visited part of the park
- Unwind at The Ahwahnee—an iconic historic hotel designed to highlight the dramatic natural surroundings
- Walk amid the giant sequoias, Yosemite's ancient trees, many of which are thousands of years old
- Swim in the cool waters of a refreshing natural pool after a morning of biking through spectacular scenery
6 Days Premiere & Casual Hotels*
Stroll in the shade of a grove of giant sequoias, some believed to be 2,700 years old | Stop in at the Mariposa Grove Museum, listed on the National Register of Historic Places | Kick back at the lodge or lounge by the pool with your family.
A comfortable mountain resort near Yosemite's South Gate with plentiful amenities and panoramic forest views. (pool, spa)
Set out on foot to Taft Point, with commanding vistas of Yosemite Valley, Half Dome and Glacier Point | You'll feel dwarfed by the soaring cliff walls that loom above you | Relax at our hotel—a National Historic Landmark with floor-to-ceiling windows framing spectacular Yosemite Valley views | Learn about Yosemite's history and native flora on a guided walk or learn the ropes of climbing in one of the world's preeminent rock-climbing meccas | Pedal past iconic granite formations, Yosemite Falls and Mirror Lake | Watch deer grazing in a meadow, pop into the Ansel Adams gift shop or Yosemite Museum, or dip your toes in the chilly Merced River
A National Historic Landmark, this iconic hotel features elaborate stained-glass windows, original Miwok Indian arts and crafts, Oriental rugs and Shaker-style furnishings. (pool)
Lose yourself amid the sprawling beauty of Tuolumne Meadows, with endless hiking trails, glorious high-country scenery and a profusion of wildflowers | Settle into your rustic cabin at a historic lodge, then jump in the saltwater pool or soak your muscles in the solar-heated hot tub | Visit Hetch Hetchy in the northwestern part of the park, where we hike to see Wapama Falls | Play bocce or relax under the stars | Cap off the week with a picturesque bike ride along the South Fork of the Tuolumne River to Rainbow Pools.
Elegantly rustic and welcoming cabins nestled amid towering pines on the western border of Yosemite. (pool)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-3
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next—and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do. LEARN MORE.
Available Bike Options
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
We know you signed up for an active vacation, so why would you want to spend time sitting in a van? The truth is, we do spend more time shuttling on this trip than we do on many other Backroads trips, but that's because we're willing to go the distance to bring you the very best of Yosemite's natural wonders. Of course, we could cut out some shuttle time by only exploring one corner of the park, but how could we possibly choose which experiences to sacrifice? Rest assured that we have planned our itinerary to make the most of this vast and spectacular National Park.
The Ahwahnee is a historical treasure and by far the best place to stay in the Yosemite Valley. Its location within Yosemite National Park makes it an ideal base for exploring the valley's many sights, but also means it is run by the national park and subject to park regulations and oversight. Similar to many national park lodges, service at The Ahwahnee can seem slow and brusque compared to the normally high standards found on other Backroads trips.
Because of national park regulations, biking is limited on this trip and leaders are not allowed to offer full support for the ride in Yosemite Valley, but you will be supplied with maps, directions and locks for the ride, which is almost entirely on flat bike paths.