Santa Barbara to Los Olivos Family Multi-Adventure Tour - 20s & Beyond
Beaches & Vineyards on California's Central Coast
Family — 20s & Beyond
5 days 4 nights
Activity Levels 1-3
From: $3,699 - $3,999 pp dbl occ
($1,000 for sgl occ)
Natural beauty reigns on this active family tour from Santa Barbara to Los Olivos. Where oak trees and sunlit chaparral line hiking trails to mountain peaks. And beautiful sandy beaches make for idyllic post-ride sunset spots. Ocean kayak, then sip wine in a sea of vineyards. Top it off with farm-to-fork cuisine and some of the finest hotels in the state. It’s more than a destination, it’s a way of life.
Start/End Santa Barbara
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Elevate your active California vacation with world-class luxury hotels, from a beachfront gem to an inland oasis
- Hike, bike and kayak your way from Santa Ynez Valley to the Pacific amid Santa Barbara’s breathtaking landscapes
- Discover the tasting rooms and enchanting ranches of Los Olivos, tucked away in Southern California's wine country
- Celebrate the region's superb cuisine at farm-to-table meals paired to perfection with iconic coastal scenery
5 Days Premiere Hotels
Begin your active family adventure tour in California's bucket-list Santa Barbara | Bike down palm-lined State Street and admire the terra-cotta rooftops and adobe façades of the city’s iconic Spanish-style architecture | Ride along the Pacific Ocean, passing surf breaks, rugged cliffs and elegant ranches | Soak up the sun on the white sands of West Beach, then kayak into gentle ocean waves | Paddle past lush kelp forest, keeping an eye out for friendly seals and—if you're lucky—pods of dolphins | Hike a favorite trail to epic coastal views in the Santa Ynez Mountains | Unforgettable vacationing awaits at our luxury oceanfront hotel and spa | Enjoy a family dinner of legendary California cuisine.
An exquisite 78-acre property at the edge of the Pacific Ocean, featuring sea views, two natural beaches and a decadent spa. (pool, spa)
Hit the waves in an all-level surf lesson or discover Santa Barbara’s local flora and fauna on a naturalist-led coastal walk | Hike through a pristine mountain landscape to Gaviota’s fascinating limestone Wind Caves | Head inland and explore charming shops and sample exquisite Central Coast wines in Los Olivos | Bike past leafy vineyards in the Santa Ynez Valley, lingering over tastings along the way | Get to know fairy-tale Solvang, a one-of-a-kind Danish village in the heart of Southern California's wine country | Unwind with your family in style at one of the region’s most historic properties, newly renovated and ready to impress | Follow a hiking trail on Figueroa Mountain in Los Padres National Forest | Not ready to leave? Extend your active family journey on the American Riviera.
Once a Gold Rush stagecoach stop, this luxury Auberge hotel in the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley is now an impeccably restored wine country retreat.
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-3
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
The hiking routes on this trip are on well-traveled coastal paths and mountain trails. The majority of our cycling routes are on bike paths but some sections are on roads with traffic. Bike lanes are common but you should feel comfortable riding with cars.
Daily Route Options
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage