Croatia to Montenegro Family Multi-Adventure Tour - Teens & Kids
Historic Split to Dubrovnik & the Bay of Kotor
Get ready for a family adventure that checks all the boxes. History? Check. Natural beauty? Check. Sun, sea and a laid-back coastal atmosphere? Check, check, check. Kayak on the Bay of Kotor. Indulge in fresh seafood and local wine. Visit quaint villages and historic port towns. This Dalmatian Coast and Montenegro vacation is everything your family dreamed of… and more.
THIS ITINERARY: 6 days, 5 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere & Casual Hotels*
Special Kids Prices
Croatia & Montenegro
Start Split / End Tivat
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Explore family-friendly bike routes just beyond the tiled and turreted city of Dubrovnik, the Pearl of the Adriatic
- Savor delicious farm-to-table cuisine, incredibly fresh Croatian seafood and some of the world's best ice cream
- Hike above Kotor, a charming medieval village, for awe-inspiring panoramic views of Montenegro's coast and mountains
- Kayak or paddleboard with your family in the crystal-clear waters of the Bay of Kotor, a World Heritage site
6 Days Premiere & Casual Hotels*
Witness the vast beauty of the Dalmatian Coast on a journey from Split to Korčula Island | Take a family bike ride along the southern coast of Korčula past vineyards, olive groves and quaint villages | On a guided tour, explore historic Korčula Town | Settle into the pace of life on one of the most verdant islands in the Adriatic | Dine on some of the best locally sourced seafood in Croatia.
Set on the Adriatic with beautiful views of Korčula, this contemporary hotel boasts its own sandy beach. (pool)
Enjoy a morning boat ride to the windy town of Viganj for a hike in the foothills of St. Elias, with sweeping views of Korčula island and the Pelješac Peninsula | Explore the World Heritage site of Dubrovnik, with its turrets, spires and red-tiled roofs | Sail to car-free Lopud Island, home to the summer residences of wealthy sea captains for centuries | Hike past ancient churches and ruins that showcase the island's Greco-Roman and Slavic heritage | Walk to one of the few sandy beaches in this part of the Adriatic—the perfect place for a refreshing swim and fun in the sun | Panoramic views await at hilltop Sutvrač Fort.
This sleek hotel boasts a peaceful setting outside the city center and a rooftop pool with unparalleled Adriatic views.
The Konavle region, on the southernmost tip of Croatia, provides plentiful views of mountains and the sea | Bike across the border to Montenegro and the coastal town of Tivat, whose rocky mountains are dotted with cypress, fig, olive, cedar and pine trees | Hike past fortresses and hilltop towns along the wondrous and vast Bay of Kotor, a World Heritage site | Explore the winding cobbled streets, charming squares, medieval churches and aristocratic mansions of Kotor | Finish your adventure with a kayak excursion on the bay's sapphire waters.
With design inspired by the Venetian Renaissance, this luxurious hotel boasts superb views of the marina. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 2-4
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next—and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do. LEARN MORE.
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
To bring you to our favorite parts of the Dalmatian Coast and Montenegro, we make liberal use of shuttles and boats on this trip. So although you'll ride in a shuttle or boat on most days, consider it an opportunity to view some spectacular scenery while resting your legs in preparation for your next activity.