Undiscovered Canadian Rockies Family Multi-Adventure Tour - Younger Kids
Mountains & Meadows of Kananaskis & Banff
Discover the extraordinary world of Kananaskis Country, exploring realms in the front ranges of the Canadian Rockies beloved by locals. Families biking and hiking through remote provincial parks with brightly flowered meadows and snowcapped peaks. Grown-ups climbing to sparkling blue lakes. Giddy kids forging their own adventures in an alpine paradise. And everyone returning home with magical memories and spectacular stories.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere & Casual Plus Hotels*
Start Calgary / End Banff
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Bike and hike in Kananaskis Country amid jewel-hued lakes, glistening rivers and splashing waterfalls in crisp alpine air
- Discover blooming wildflowers, meadow wildlife and wildly happy kids recounting horseback riding and rock-climbing excursions
- Float on the Kananaskis River, bike in Banff National Park and hike in Spray Valley Provincial Park
- Swim in a refreshing pool at a mountain lodge, unwind in a steam cabin at a Nordic spa and spy shooting stars from an outdoor hot tub
Premiere & Casual Plus Hotels*
From Calgary, journey to Kananaskis Valley and set out on two wheels | Bike to Wedge Pond for views of Mount Kidd and Mount Galatea | At our mountain lodge, treat yourself to the plethora of services at the 50,000 square-foot Nordic spa and watch the kids have a splashing good time in the water park pool | Hike in Spray Valley Provincial Park, crisscrossing Galatea Creek while surrounded by spruce, wildflowers, small cascades and mountains | Follow a forested hiking path to lovely Lillian Lake | Make your way up to deep-blue Lower Galatea Lake by foot | Kids spend an exhilarating day exploring an authentic Alberta ranch, getting up close and personal with the buffalo herd at Bison Paddock and rock climbing!
Set in the heart of Kananaskis Country, this luxurious mountain lodge nestled in the Rockies was originally built in 1986 for the Winter Olympics and at the end of 2017 completed a full renovation including the addition of a 50,000-square-foot Nordic spa. (pool, spa)
Gear up for a scenic float on the Kananaskis River | Pedal the famous paved Rocky Mountain Legacy Trail with amazing scenery of Mount Rundle and aptly named Cascade Mountain | Bike up the slopes of Sulphur Mountain to our hotel perched 750 feet above the town of Banff—or take the shuttle!
A grand contemporary lodge on Sulphur Mountain with awe-inspiring views of Bow Valley and the surrounding Rockies. Travel + Leisure World's Best. (pool, spa)
Ride past towering peaks, virgin forests and the Bow River's blue-green water | Hike to stunning waterfalls at Johnston Canyon | Soar in a chairlift to hike along the border of Alberta and British Columbia | Look out over Banff National Park's Goat's Eye Mountain and Mount Bourgeau | Trek through the alpine wonderland of Sunshine Meadows.
Surrounded by breathtaking scenery, Sunshine Mountain Lodge delivers a peaceful and friendly atmosphere with a rustic mountain theme. (spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-3
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next—and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do. LEARN MORE.
Note: The biking terrain on this trip varies from level to rolling with several steeper hills. The hiking terrain is on well-maintained trails with rocks and roots with several moderate to significant climbs. Most activities on this trip take place at elevations of 4,500–8,000 feet, which can make the routes feel more challenging than the mileage may suggest.
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage