Glacier Family Multi-Adventure Camping Tour - Teens & Kids
National Park Adventures in Montana
You know the sun sets every day. Lakes, they're not rare. Sky is not a limited resource. Neither are mountains. But somehow, out here in Montana these common things are uncommonly spectacular. And this vacation, along with you and your family, is the perfect combination of all of them.
THIS ITINERARY: 5 days, 4 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Deluxe Camping
Special Kids Prices
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Savor spectacular views along Going-to-the-Sun Road, an inspiring mountain route that bisects the heart of Glacier National Park
- Embark on a horse-riding adventure with skilled wranglers —a thrilling Old West-style adventure for the younger set (Just for kids)
- Explore on two wheels and by foot, a landscape of alpine lakes, peaks and glacier-carved valleys, perhaps taking a break for a dip in cool mountain lake waters
- Enjoy a night in a Blackfeet tipi camp surrounded by the brilliance and grandeur of a dark star-filled night sky
5 Days Deluxe Camping
Astonishing alpine scenery that just won't quit | Pedal a scenic route with views of Lake McDonald, formed by retreating glaciers 10,000 years ago | Cool off with a dip in the chilly lake—if you're feeling brave!
Camp at the foot of Lake McDonald, within easy walking distance of Apgar Village.
Travel along the famed Going-to-the-Sun Road—you'll hardly believe the views | Plunging waterfalls, vast virgin woodland, snowcapped peaks and glacier-carved valleys greet you at every turn | Hike through a shady forest of spruce and fir before descending into St. Mary Valley | Can the stunning turquoise color of glacier-fed St. Mary Lake be for real? | In the striking Many Glacier Valley, boat across two scenic lakes | Adults hike to an alpine lake nestled beneath mountain peaks while kids explore the shoreline.
This grassy meadow, encircled by aspen trees, makes for an ideal camping spot.
Enjoy spectacular views of the sweeping prairies and plains of Montana as you pedal a roller-coaster route along the eastern border of Glacier into Two Medicine Valley while the younger folk are treated to a horseback ride | Cool off with a swim in the chilly waters of Two Medicine Lake | Raft down the Middle Fork of the Flathead River with expert guides who provide a unique perspective on the flora and fauna along the way.
Sleep in a Blackfeet Indian-inspired tipi, complete with a fire pit inside.
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-4
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next—and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do. LEARN MORE.
Note: The minimum age required for kids to ride their own bike on this trip is 9+
Note: On this Family Trip, liberal van shuttling is incorporated into the itinerary and mileage is moderate to enable you to spend more time exploring on your own.
Available Bike Options
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
Our spacious dome tents comfortably accommodate two adults plus luggage. On Family Trips we provide two adjacent tents for parents and children. Cots with an extra-thick inflatable sleeping pad, sleeping bag and sleep sheet are all provided. Backroads does not supply pillows, so please bring your own. No lighting is provided in your tent, so a small flashlight is essential.
Restroom facilities are available at each campground. The restroom floors can be wet, so be sure to bring flip-flops! We also recommend bringing a hanging toiletry bag since space is limited and surfaces are wet. Be advised that outlets and mirrors are few. Backroads does not supply towels, so please be sure to pack your own.
Glacier National Park is a special place where four seasons can occur in three months. For that reason, our itinerary may change based upon road and trail status due to weather (including snow) or bear activity. Going-to-the-Sun Road often opens the third week of June and the Highline Trail opens around the first week of July.