Dalmatian Coast Walking & Hiking Tour
- Explore the reborn Dalmatian Coast, gaining insight into Croatia's history and culture
- Island-hop and swim in the sun-drenched Adriatic
- Dubrovnik, an architectural masterpiece with an impressive fortified wall
- Hike amid olive groves, undulating fields and jagged cliffs with sapphire sea views
- Indulge in the freshest seafood and local cuisine
Dubrovnik, the Croatian Islands & Split
It's usually a choice. Do you choose a destination with history, culture, and natural beauty or do you go for sun, sea, and a laid-back island atmosphere? The Dalmatian Coast is both. Catch rays on the deck of our private boat, then experience the Venetian-influenced architecture of Hvar Town. Enjoy a fresh Adriatic bounty at lunch with locals, then hit the trail and explore. Visit vestiges of a 16th-century monastery, then take to the waters of secluded rocky coves. On and on you'll go from "enlightenment" to relaxation. When you come to the Dalmatian Coast, you'll enjoy two of the best vacations you've ever had.
Day 1 Dubrovnik, an architectural masterpiece and World Heritage site with 82-foot-high fortified walls A path along rolling hills and past cypress trees seduces you with stunning views - ocean on one side, mountains on the other Join the Brautovic family in their tiny village for a home-cooked meal with ingredients from their garden - even the bread and wine are homemade.
Days 2-3 Island-hop in the sun-drenched Adriatic Hike along the Peljesac Peninsula, passing hamlets and vineyards Discover Korcula Town, one of Eastern Europe's best-preserved medieval centers and a reputed home of Marco Polo Trek to the secluded swimming oasis of Stracincica Bay Sunny Hvar, here we come! During our sail, you may be inspired to jump into the refreshing waters.
Day 4 Stride along a coastal path amid jagged cliffs with sapphire sea views Savor garden-grown veggies and other delights at a local home Care for some lively nightlife? Hit the town in chic and popular Hvar.
Day 5 The freshest seafood and local cuisine Boat to quiet Brac Island, known since ancient times for its milky-white marble The pebble beach of Zlatni Rat (or "Golden Coast") juts dramatically into the sea Pay a visit to the Blaca Hermitage, a 16th-century monastery and World Heritage site Amble between water and limestone hills with a gorgeous perspective on the Adriatic.
Day 6 Explore the reborn Dalmatian Coast, gaining insight into its culture Visit Brac's oldest town, dotted with Roman ruins Sample olive oil and dessert wine made by our friend Luca Ferry to Split, home to Diocletian's Palace.
Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik (1 night) Located just outside the old town gates with plentiful amenities and a history of entertaining dignitaries and celebrities. (pool)
Orebic (1 night) In the center of town, a family-run beachside inn surrounded by mountains. (pool, spa)
Adriana Hvar Marina Hotel & Spa
Hvar Town, Hvar Island (2 nights) This stylish property offers a great view of the old town and yacht harbor, and "a blissful rooftop terrace," according to the Hideaway Report. (pool, spa)
Pucisca, Brac Island (1 night) A welcoming Renaissance family palace on the waterfront and a registered cultural monument dating from 1497.
Guest Reviews About This Trip
Croatia was one of my favorite trips ever and I've traveled lots. The combination of the country's beauty, the variety of our days walking, visiting interesting places, home-styled lunches, cruising on our own sailboat and absolutely astoundingly gifted leaders made the trip a remarkable one!- Wellesley, MA
This was my fifth Backroads trip - and it was by far the best one yet. First and foremost because of the scenery and region itself. But a very close second because of the hard work that went into developing the itinerary, which was beyond perfect. Every hike was unique and memorable. Every set of logistics was handled so seamlessly that the trip had fluidity to it that made it impossible not to be fully relaxed and engaged in every activity. This was the first trip that I can honestly say I enjoyed EVERY day because each day was such a well-constructed balance of physical activity, culture and downtime... This was a memorably fabulous vacation. So thank you!- New York, NY
Backroads did an excellent job on delivering on the "Backroads" experience, particularly with the hiking routes, which were truly stunning and interesting. I felt like I got to see places, meet people, and do things that I would not have been able to do on my own with a guidebook. Our trip leaders were extremely enthusiastic, accommodating and entertaining.- New York, NY
Trip Dates & Prices
Please click on a date below for specific pricing and possible itinerary variations.
2014 CLASSIC DATES
- 9/8 - 9/13 ( $4398 per person, double occ., +$820 for single occ.
- 9/15 - 9/20 ( $4398 per person, double occ., +$820 for single occ.
- 9/22 - 9/27 ( $4398 per person, double occ., +$820 for single occ.
- 9/29 - 10/4 ( $4498 per person, double occ., +$820 for single occ.
2015 CLASSIC DATES
- 5/18 - 5/23 ( $3998 per person, double occ., +$960 for single occ.
- 6/1 - 6/6 ( $4298 per person, double occ., +$960 for single occ.
- 6/8 - 6/13 ( $3998 per person, double occ., +$960 for single occ.
- 6/15 - 6/20 ( $3998 per person, double occ., +$960 for single occ.
- 6/22 - 6/27 ( $3998 per person, double occ., +$960 for single occ.
- 6/29 - 7/4 ( $3998 per person, double occ., +$960 for single occ.
- 8/17 - 8/22 ( $4298 per person, double occ., +$960 for single occ. Peak Season Rates Apply!
- 8/24 - 8/29 ( $4298 per person, double occ., +$960 for single occ. Peak Season Rates Apply!
- 9/6 - 9/11 ( $3998 per person, double occ., +$960 for single occ.
- 9/14 - 9/19 ( $3998 per person, double occ., +$960 for single occ.
- 9/21 - 9/26 ( $3998 per person, double occ., +$960 for single occ.
- 9/28 - 10/3 ( $3998 per person, double occ., +$960 for single occ.
- 10/5 - 10/10 ( $3998 per person, double occ., +$960 for single occ.
Don't see your ideal travel date? Call us at 800-462-2848 for Private Trip date availability.
This Trip Is Rated Level 1-3
Routes For All Abilities
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next-and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do.
|Daily Route Options|
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
|miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain|
|Guided Walk of Korcula Town (1 Hour)|
|Boat to Hvar Island (2.5 Hours)|
|Boat to Brac Island (2 Hours)|
|Boat to Split (1.5 Hours)|
The terrain on this trip includes country lanes, coastal footpaths and stone steps.
Private Trips Options & Pricing
Gather your favorite people to share a Backroads adventure on a ready-to-book Private Trip - featuring all the legendary Backroads hallmarks from expert leaders to unforgettable activities.
You can pick from a large selection of dates for your group of 8 or more. Call us for date availability.
If your party has fewer than 8 guests, or if your preferred date is not available, we'll create a departure just for you.
Pricing for Private Trips (prices may vary based on departure date)
|8 - 9 guests from $4,598 pp dbl. occ.||12 or more guests from $3,998 pp dbl. occ.|
|10 - 11 guests from $4,298 pp dbl. occ.|
|8 - 9 guests from $4,798 pp dbl. occ.||12 or more guests from $3,998 pp dbl. occ.|
|10 - 11 guests from $4,298 pp dbl. occ.|
For groups of 2 to 7 guests, please call for Custom Trip pricing.