Provence & Costa Brava Walking & Hiking Tour
- Walk in the wild and ruggedly beautiful Luberon Valley
- Private tasting of the best local vintages
- A landscape of limestone hills, olive orchards and vineyards
- Discover the charming and thriving artists' haven of St-Rémy
- Hike from one secluded cove to another on Costa Brava's ancient Camí de Ronda
Call 800-462-2848, Every day 6am-6pm,PST
From Sunny Southern France to Beguiling Barcelona
"Slowly in the morning and not too fast in the afternoon" is a saying in the south of France. When you're never far from a delicious Côtes du Luberon or Catalan wine, an exquisite meal and intoxicating scenery, they're easy words to live by. So feel free to stop, sample and savor. Wander leisurely in Provence, through the countryside and within the ramparts of medieval villages perchés. Marvel at Costa Brava's white-sand beaches and brilliant Mediterranean waters. Linger in artisanal shops, sip a pastis and sample delectable cuisine. And enjoy the magic of two sun-soaked lands at two blissful speeds. Slowly and not too fast.
Day 1 Walk in the wild and ruggedly beautiful Luberon Valley, land of honey, lavender and cherries Spectacular scenery surrounds you—the views of Mont Ventoux, with its distinctive bald white peak, are especially memorable.
Day 2 Explore the picture-book streets of hilltop Bonnieux with a local guide Hike the wooded rolling hills and craggy cliffs of the Grand Luberon range, an area renowned for its truffles The ruins of medieval Fort de Buoux, perched on a high plateau, invite a stroll.
Day 3 A private tasting of the best local vintages Amble through a landscape of limestone hills, olive orchards and vineyards Cross a Roman-built bridge to Roussillon Follow Grand Randonnée trails past wheat fields, oak forests and a truffle farm It's a hearty climb to the perched village of Gordes.
Day 4 Discover the charming artists' haven of St-Rémy at its vibrant best on market day Seasonal fruits and vegetables, a multitude of cheeses, cut flowers, eggs, home-baked breads, olives, honey…there's something truly special about wandering amid the abundance of farm-fresh produce and lovingly crafted local goodies at le marché Travel to the Costa Brava by private coach.
Days 5-6 Walk Spain's ancient Camí de Ronda, which connects Costa Brava's secluded coves Find your bliss amid this incredible setting of plunging cliffs and white-sand beaches Ascend to a promontory offering glorious views of the sea.
Le Roy Soleil
Ménerbes (2 nights) You are sure to feel connected to nature at this lovely hotel nestled in the Luberon mountain range. (pool)
St-Rémy-de-Provence (1 night) This cheery hotel set in the heart of town has hosted artists such as van Gogh and Frédéric Mistral, and Charles Gounod, who composed the opera Mireille during his stay. (pool)
Hotel Sant Roc
Calella de Palafrugell (2 nights) Splendid views are yours to admire at this hotel, perched magnificently above the Mediterranean in the heart of Costa Brava.
Guest Reviews About This Trip
My whole life is changed because of this experience. I've just been home for an hour or so, and have already emailed everyone I know to tell them to get on the Backroads website to book a trip.- Chicago, IL
This was my first experience with Backroads and it exceeded my expectations by a mile! I loved every aspect of this trip; the attention to detail, the route, food and above all the two leaders who were exceptional! You guys rock! What a wonderful experience. Professional, enriching and challenging all at the same time.- Toronto, Canada
Trip Dates & Prices
Please click on a date below for specific pricing and possible itinerary variations.
2014 CLASSIC DATES
- 9/21 - 9/26 ( $3798 per person, double occ., +$550 for single occ.
- 10/5 - 10/10 ( $3898 per person, double occ., +$550 for single occ.
- 10/19 - 10/24 ( $3698 per person, double occ., +$550 for single occ.
2015 CLASSIC DATES
- 4/26 - 5/1 ( $3498 per person, double occ., +$550 for single occ.
- 5/10 - 5/15 ( $3498 per person, double occ., +$550 for single occ.
- 5/24 - 5/29 ( $3498 per person, double occ., +$550 for single occ.
- 6/14 - 6/19 ( $3498 per person, double occ., +$550 for single occ.
- 6/28 - 7/3 ( $3498 per person, double occ., +$550 for single occ.
- 7/12 - 7/17 ( $3498 per person, double occ., +$550 for single occ.
- 7/26 - 7/31 ( $3498 per person, double occ., +$550 for single occ.
- 8/16 - 8/21 ( $3498 per person, double occ., +$550 for single occ.
- 9/6 - 9/11 ( $3498 per person, double occ., +$550 for single occ.
- 9/13 - 9/18 ( $3498 per person, double occ., +$550 for single occ.
- 9/20 - 9/25 ( $3498 per person, double occ., +$550 for single occ.
- 9/27 - 10/2 ( $3498 per person, double occ., +$550 for single occ.
Don't see your ideal travel date? Call us at 800-462-2848 for Private Trip date availability.
This Trip Is Rated Level 2-4
Routes For All Abilities
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next-and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do.
|Daily Route Options|
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
|miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain|
|Provençal Market Visit in St-Rémy|
* Includes a shuttle
Private Trips Options & Pricing
Gather your favorite people to share a Backroads adventure on a ready-to-book Private Trip - featuring all the legendary Backroads hallmarks from expert leaders to unforgettable activities.
You can pick from a large selection of dates for your group of 8 or more. Call us for date availability.
If your party has fewer than 8 guests, or if your preferred date is not available, we'll create a departure just for you.
Pricing for Private Trips (prices may vary based on departure date)
|2 - 3 guests from $6,198 pp dbl. occ.||8 - 9 guests from $4,398 pp dbl. occ.|
|4 - 5 guests from $5,198 pp dbl. occ.||10 - 11 guests from $3,798 pp dbl. occ.|
|6 - 7 guests from $4,698 pp dbl. occ.||12 or more guests from $3,498 pp dbl. occ.|
|2 - 3 guests from $6,098 pp dbl. occ.||8 - 9 guests from $4,398 pp dbl. occ.|
|4 - 5 guests from $5,098 pp dbl. occ.||10 - 11 guests from $3,798 pp dbl. occ.|
|6 - 7 guests from $4,598 pp dbl. occ.||12 or more guests from $3,498 pp dbl. occ.|