Dalmatian Coast Family Multisport Tour
- Experience the reborn Dalmatian Coast by bike, foot and kayak
- Croatia's fascinating history and culture
- Island-hop along the sunny Adriatic and splash in hidden coves
- The freshest seafood and local cuisine
- The exquisite World Heritage site of Dubrovnik
101 Ways to Play in Croatia's Dalmatian Islands
You're surrounded. Sapphire waters to your left. Exquisite Renaissance façades on your right. Centuries-old cobblestones beneath your feet. Sun-drenched islands on the horizon. The fragrance of lavender and sweet mandarin oranges wafting from an outdoor market. A scenic morning ride, a swim at midday and an impossibly fresh seafood dinner. It's your new routine. How do you like it?
Day 1 Dive into the rich history and culture of Croatia's reborn Dalmatian Coast From bustling Split, home to Roman Emperor Diocletian's Palace, sail by private boat to Brac Island Old olive groves, crumbling walls and white woolly sheep line a coastal—and hilly!—bike ride to Pucisca, a quiet fishing village Savor a delicious Croatian-style barbecue in our hotel's lush garden, surrounded by almond and fig trees.
Days 2-3 Hang out on untouched Adriatic beaches where the swimming is incredible Enjoy a boat ride (and maybe even a cannonball off the upper deck!) before a coastal hike on the lavender-scented island of Hvar Check out Croatia's most impressive collection of Venetian Renaissance architecture in Hvar Town Spin past ancient stone terraces en route to Stari Grad.
Day 4 Explore ancient island towns where sentries once kept watch for pirates Kayak the coves of the Pakleni islets, stopping to snorkel, swim and kick back on a tranquil beach It's a relaxing boat trip to Korcula Island At tonight's dinner, grown-ups are serenaded by local klapa singers while kids enjoy an adult-free meal at a pizzeria.
Days 5-6 Stroll 82 feet above dazzling Dubrovnik during a guided walk on the city's defensive stone walls Awesome island views keep you pedaling along hills and past quaint villages, vineyards and almond groves The medieval town of Korcula, a treasure trove of stone palaces and arched bridges, is a fun place to discover.
Pucisca (1 night) A Renaissance family palace on the waterfront and a registered cultural monument dating from 1497.
Hvar Town (2 nights) Set on an idyllic bay and surrounded by thick pines. (pool)
Vela Luka (1 night) Overlooking the port and recently renovated with a sleek contemporary design, this hotel is Vela Luka's best option. (pool, spa)
Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik (1 night) Located just outside the old town gates with plentiful amenities and a history of entertaining dignitaries and celebrities. (pool)
Guest Reviews About This Trip
The Dalmatian Coast was gorgeous, the Croatian Riviera. I don't think most people realize that it's so tropical and a sailor's delight. The people are very friendly and helpful, and English was spoken everywhere we went. Dubrovnik is a very unique and fascinating city. I would highly recommend this trip to everyone. As usual, we put our faith in Backroads in traveling to an exotic location and were not disappointed.- Billings, MT
Of the four absolutely awesome Backroads trips I've taken, this has been the best. Croatia is heavenly and the Bozidar experience was what made it for my family. Diving off the boat into the Adriatic was spectacular, and Stipe and crew were fabulous - what great food and kindness!- Sunnyvale, CA
Best vacation ever! Great guides, beautiful places, interesting culture and fun, fun, fun! Thank you!- Berkeley, CA
Trip Dates & Prices
Please click on a date below for specific pricing and possible itinerary variations.
2015 FAMILY DATES
- 6/9 - 6/14 ( $4298 per person, double occ., +$900 for single occ.
- 6/14 - 6/19 ( $4298 per person, double occ., +$900 for single occ.
- 6/16 - 6/21 ( $4198 per person, double occ., +$900 for single occ.
- 6/21 - 6/26 ( $4298 per person, double occ., +$900 for single occ.
- 6/30 - 7/5 ( $4298 per person, double occ., +$900 for single occ.
- 7/1 - 7/6 ( $4198 per person, double occ., +$900 for single occ.
- 7/5 - 7/10 ( $4298 per person, double occ., +$900 for single occ.
- 7/12 - 7/17 ( $4198 per person, double occ., +$900 for single occ.
- 7/19 - 7/24 ( $4298 per person, double occ., +$900 for single occ.
- 7/21 - 7/26 ( $4198 per person, double occ., +$900 for single occ.
- 7/27 - 8/1 ( $3898 per person, double occ., +$900 for single occ.
- 8/2 - 8/7 ( $4298 per person, double occ., +$900 for single occ.
- 8/4 - 8/9 ( $4298 per person, double occ., +$900 for single occ.
- 8/9 - 8/14 ( $4298 per person, double occ., +$900 for single occ.
- 8/10 - 8/15 ( $4198 per person, double occ., +$900 for single occ.
- 8/11 - 8/16 ( $4098 per person, double occ., +$900 for single occ.
- 8/16 - 8/21 ( $4298 per person, double occ., +$900 for single occ.
- 8/18 - 8/23 ( $4098 per person, double occ., +$900 for single occ.
Don't see your ideal travel date? Call us at 800-462-2848 for Private Trip date availability.
This Trip Is Rated Level 2-4
Routes For All Abilities
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next-and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do.
|Daily Route Options|
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
|miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain|
|Other||Boat to Brac Island (1.5 Hours)|
|Other||Boat to Hvar Island (1 Hour)|
|4||Kayaking||Around Hvar Island (2 Hours)|
|Other||Boat to Korcula Island (2 - 3 Hours)|
|Other||Boat and Bus to Dubrovnik (2.5 hours)|
|6||Other||Guided Walk on Dubrovnik’s City Walls (45 Minutes)|
On this Family Trip, our routes follow rolling terrain. Liberal van shuttling is incorporated into the itinerary to facilitate our activities and mileage is kept moderate to enable you to spend more time exploring on your own.
* Includes a shuttle
Private Trips Options & Pricing
Gather your favorite people to share a Backroads adventure on a ready-to-book Private Trip - featuring all the legendary Backroads hallmarks from expert leaders to unforgettable activities.
You can pick from a large selection of dates for your group of 8 or more. Call us for date availability.
If your party has fewer than 8 guests, or if your preferred date is not available, we'll create a departure just for you.
Pricing for Private Trips (prices may vary based on departure date)
|8 - 9 guests from $4,698 pp dbl. occ.||12 or more guests from $3,898 pp dbl. occ.|
|10 - 11 guests from $4,198 pp dbl. occ.|
For groups of 2 to 7 guests, please call for Custom Trip pricing.
Youth savings do not apply to Private Trips.