We are currently hiring Guest Services Specialists for a February 14th start.
These positions are full-time in our office in Berkeley. Shifts are five days per week, 7 am-4 pm or 8 am- 5 pm. Weekend shifts are required.
Pay Range: $54,000
This pay range is intended for in-person work in our Berkeley, CA headquarters. Pay ranges for remote-eligible roles will be subject to adjustment based on the geolocation of the employee.
To apply, please upload your resume, cover letter, and any other supporting documents here: Application Form
Who You Are:
Do you love talking to people and have a passion for travel and being active outdoors? Are you someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves helping people? Are you resourceful, a team player with a positive attitude, and solution-oriented? If you answered yes to these questions, we may have an opportunity for you!
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for an enthusiastic Guest Services Specialist to join our Sales team! This is an entry-level, fast-paced inbound customer contact role. You’ll provide excellent service as you consult with our guests about Backroads trips via phone and e-mail. Along with developing an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Backroads trips, policies, procedures, and systems, you will also be responsible for administrative tasks, such as collecting information, taking payments, and communicating policies and terms. You’ll enthusiastically and knowledgeably prepare our guests for their amazing Backroads adventure.
What You’ll Need:
- Customer service experience and a true willingness to exceed guest expectations with every interaction.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient with complex computer and phone systems. Experience with Salesforce is a plus but not required.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Domestic and/or international travel experience preferred.
- Enthusiastic about working for Backroads and have a passion for active travel and the outdoors.
At Backroads we’re passionate about connecting our guests with so many of the most beautiful places in the world. We use our four-plus decades of expertise to create exceptional biking, hiking, and multi-adventure trips in over 50 countries for people wanting a deeper and richer travel experience. We travel on land as well as by small luxury ships on active river and ocean cruises. Our trips are for all ages – including dedicated itineraries just for families. We are known for our unwavering attention to quality. We have a dynamic work environment and a strong company culture.
At Backroads, we value every single member of our staff, and we’re proud to offer a dynamic work environment that enables growth. Your colleagues will be some of the most dedicated, competent, active, and fun people you will ever meet. A job at Backroads is unlike any other job you will ever have – you will be challenged, you will be inspired, and you will be gratified. No matter what you do here, you will be part of something that makes us all proud – delivering authentic, enriching, and often profoundly life-changing experiences. On top of all that, we have some pretty great benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with company match, flex plan, and parental leave
- Generous paid time off, 8 paid holidays, and additional time off to go on Backroads trips!
- Complimentary trips and trip discounts for employees, and trip discounts for employees’ friends and family!
- Outdoor industry discounts and deals
- Alternative commuter incentives for biking, walking, carpooling, or using public transportation to get to work
- Wellness programs, onsite fitness center, and regular lunchtime bike rides and workouts
How to Apply:
At Backroads, there is no such thing as an "ideal candidate." We believe in the power of teamwork - and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don't hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you're coming from; we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We're looking forward to learning more about you
Backroads is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.