Lead Trips at Home
While the majority of our Trip Leaders work in a variety of regions and enjoy a nomadic lifestyle, Backroads is also looking for Trip Leaders who are native or local to areas in which we operate. We recognize and cherish those local leaders who prefer to stay rooted and share their home region with our guests. This profile of Trip Leader travels less and works fewer trips (depending on the region) but has more stability than our typical Trip Leader who is constantly on the move. If you live in an area where we run trips and are interested in working in your home country, we encourage you to read the information below and apply!
Who are we looking for?
- Are you living or working in a region that Backroads operates and are looking for a fun and rewarding part time job?
- Have you always wanted to work in the adventures or travel industry (or perhaps you already do?), but don't want to live out of a suitcase or on the road?
- Maybe you’re teaching or working abroad and want to supplement your income with a few weeks of guiding trips?
- Perhaps you’ve just retired and are looking for a rewarding and people centric part time job in your home country?
What are we looking for?
In addition to the characteristics we look for in our Trip Leaders, we’re looking for local experts who…
- Live in a region in which Backroads operates
- Will enhance our guest experience with their local knowledge and passion
- Have the flexibility and desire for part time work
How would I be employed?
To be considered for the local Trip Leader role you must have work authorization in the US, Canada or France and would be employed through one of our hubs.
What would my schedule look like?
If selected, you’d likely attend Training (see Training Dates) either in Salt Lake City, UT or Pernes-Les-Fontaines, France. Your work schedule would be the duration of the season in your specific local region. For more detailed information on each region, you can visit backroads.com and see the specific dates for each destination.