Backroads Trip Leaders: What We're Looking For
Simply put, we're looking for active people who will truly enjoy getting to know our guests and delivering world-class service in a dynamic environment. If that sounds like you, then hit that "Apply Now" button and let's talk! We recognize that not everyone is going to be exactly alike and we appreciate the unique skills and personality you bring to the table. Backroads is an intimate, worldwide community of adventurers, hard workers, romantics and inspiring individuals who have chosen to seize every day.
- 21 years of age or older
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record
- English fluency
- Legally authorized to work in the United States, Canada or France
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
If you can meet the above requirements, we invite you to look at the questions below. If you find yourself answering yes frequently, then we want to meet you! Life is short—let's do this!
- Are you compassionate? Do you genuinely want to make others happy?
- Do you enjoy talking with people and have good social skills?
- Are you a grateful person with a zest for life? Do you see the glass as half-full?
- Are you confident in yourself, mature and authentic?
- Can you be dynamic and genuinely enthusiastic in a way that motivates others and makes them smile?
- Do you know how to read social situations and anticipate what people would like and need?
- Do you love kids and would you welcome an opportunity to connect with families in the outdoors?
- Are you eager to grow? Can you offer and receive feedback graciously?
- Can you be a poised, articulate, professional representative of Backroads?
- Could you be as comfortable sleeping under the stars as dining in a 16th-century château?
- Do you have in-depth knowledge of any of our regional destinations and cultural activities—art, natural and cultural history, food and wine, or other expertise?
- Are you a problem solver with a natural grasp of logistics? Can you think on your feet? Are you sharp and resourceful?
- Are you tough and hard working? Do you have grit?
- Do you do your homework and come prepared and organized?
- Do you speak other languages? Or, if you're a non-native English speaker, do you speak English fluently?
- Do you have a valid driver's license and an excellent driving record?
- If you're interested in leading in Europe, can you confidently drive a vehicle with a manual transmission?
- Are you 21 years old or older?
- Are you ready for one of the most challenging and rewarding jobs you'll likely ever have?
Does this sound like you?