Backroads Seasonal Trip Leaders: What Are We Looking For?
Simply put, we're looking for active people who will truly enjoy getting to know our guests and making them happy. If that sounds like you, then hit that "Apply Now" button and let's talk! We recognize that not everyone is going to be exactly alike and have all the same qualities—that would be boring! We appreciate the unique skills and personalities you bring to the table. What else are we looking for? We value people who are team players, approachable, genuine, quick-thinking, hardworking, friendly and so much more. Backroads is a big worldwide family of adventurers, pioneers, romantics and inspiring individuals who have chosen to seize every day. You belong here.
Still not convinced? Take a quick look at the questions below. If you find yourself answering yes frequently, then the time to apply was yesterday! Life is short—let's do this!
- Do you enjoy talking with people and have good social skills?
- Are you patient, caring, empathetic, warm and friendly?
- Are you a grateful person with a zest for life? Do you see the glass as half-full?
- Are you confident in yourself, mature and genuine? Do you have a variety of interesting life experiences that our guests would be curious to discover?
- Can you be dynamic and genuinely enthusiastic in a way that motivates others and makes them smile?
- Do you love kids and would you welcome an opportunity to connect with families in the outdoors?
- Are you eager to grow? Can you offer and receive feedback openly?
- Can you be a poised, articulate, professional representative of Backroads?
- Could you be as comfortable sleeping under the stars as dining in a 16th-century château?
- Do you have in-depth knowledge of any of our regional destinations and cultural activities—art, natural and cultural history, food and wine, or other expertise?
- Are you a problem solver with a natural grasp of logistics? Can you think on your feet? Are you sharp and resourceful?
- Are you tough and hard working? Do you have a "let's get this done!" kind of attitude?
- Do you speak other languages? Or, if you are a non-native English speaker, do you speak English fluently?
- Do you have a valid driver's license and an excellent driving record?
- If you're interested in leading in Europe, can you confidently drive a vehicle with a manual transmission?
- Are you 21 years old or older?
- Are you ready for one of the most challenging and rewarding jobs you'll likely ever have?
Does this sound like you?