Backroads Trip Leaders: What We're Looking For
Simply put, we're looking for active, hard-working people who will truly enjoy getting to know our guests and delivering world-class service. If that sounds like you, then hit that "Apply Now" button and let's talk! We recognize that not everyone is going to be exactly alike and we appreciate the unique skills and personality you bring to the table. Backroads is an intimate, worldwide community of adventurers, hard workers and grounded, inspiring individuals who have chosen to seize every day.
- 21 years of age or older
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record
- English fluency
- Legally authorized to work in the United States, Canada or France. *If you are not legally authorized to work in the US, Canada or France, but are local to an area in which we lead trips—we still want you to apply! Click here to read more about working for Backroads in your home country.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
If you can meet the above requirements, we invite you to look at the questions below. If you find yourself answering yes frequently, then we want to meet you! Life is short—let's do this!
- Are you compassionate? Do you genuinely want to make others happy?
- Do you have a positive outlook on life? Do you see the glass as half-full?
- Are you tough and do you enjoy working hard?
- Are you comfortable in your own skin? Are you mature and authentic?
- Can you be dynamic and genuinely enthusiastic in a way that motivates others and makes them smile?
- Do you know how to read social situations and anticipate what people would like and need?
- Are you eager to grow? Can you offer and receive feedback graciously?
- Can you be a poised, articulate, professional representative of Backroads?
- Could you be as comfortable sleeping under the stars as dining in a 16th-century château?
- Do you have in-depth knowledge of any of our regional destinations and their natural and cultural history, food and wine, or other expertise?
- Are you a problem solver with a natural grasp of logistics? Can you think on your feet? Are you sharp and resourceful?
- Do you take pride in a job well done? Are you prepared and organized?
- Do you speak other languages? Or, if you're a non-native English speaker, do you speak English fluently?
- Do you have a valid driver's license and an excellent driving record?
- If you're interested in leading in Europe, can you confidently drive a vehicle with a manual transmission?
- Are you 21 years old or older?
- Are you ready for one of the most challenging and rewarding jobs you'll likely ever have?
Does this sound like you?