Job Opportunities with Backroads
Salt Lake City
We currently have an opening for a full-time Bike Mechanic.
As a member of the Backroads Bike Shop team your job would include:
• Building, tuning, and servicing our fleet of Specialized S-works and custom titanium bicycles.
• Traveling to provide direct support and training in the field as part of the Roving Mechanic Program. Destinations could include: Jackson Hole WY, Whitefish MT, San Juan Islands WA, St. George/Zion National Park UT, Portland ME, Berkeley CA, Anchorage AK, Kona HI, with international travel also a possibility.
• Assisting in conducting bicycle mechanic skills clinics for Trip Leaders.
• Monitoring bike supply and parts inventory.
• Maintaining the organization and cleanliness of the bike shop and bike storage areas.
• Provide on-site bike support for annual Tour DaVita charity bike ride/event.
We’re looking for a bike mechanic who possesses these qualities:
• An amazing passion for bicycles and the sport of cycling.
• Strongly oriented towards high quality customer service.
• Takes pride in his/her work.
• Knowledgeable about bicycle assembly, maintenance, and safety issues.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• The ability to manage multiple tasks at one time and finish them on schedule.
• Enjoys working with others as a member of a team.
• Self-starter who can meet our program needs in the field with limited supervision.
• Ability to hit the ground running at a high pace.
• Ability to travel as needed for periods of up to two weeks.
• Open and willing to learning new skills/techniques.
• Minimum of two years of bike shop experience.
• Valid Utah driver’s license.
• Experience in teaching and training basic bicycle mechanic skills a plus
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Enthusiastic about working for Backroads and have a passion for active travel and the outdoors.
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, flex plan, generous time-off and travel benefits, commuter incentive programs, etc. Backroads promotes work/life balance, and offers a fun, casual work environment.
To apply, please send a cover letter describing your bike mechanic, touring and/or racing experience and explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Bike Mechanic” in the subject line of your email or by fax to (510) 527-1789, Attn: HR/Bike Mechanic.
No phone calls please.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and multisport trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.