Job Opportunities with Backroads
Logistics & Transportation Manager
Salt Lake City, Utah
We’re hiring for: Logistics & Transportation Manager, North America & Winter
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Procure and maintain the quality, availability, reliability and safety of Backroads vehicles & equipment. Coordinate the delivery of equipment to all departures in North America and Winter territories; from vehicles to water bottles. Manage Backroads properties. Manage Department Budget.
The guiding principle for this position is to provide top quality equipment and service to guests through the leaders who deliver them, while maintaining keen attention to cost expenditures.
Staffing: Hire, Train, Evaluate Direct Reports.
• Salt Lake City Logistics Coordinator (overseeing warehouse, trailers, vans, equipment) & seasonal staff
• Winter Equipment & Bike Shop Coordinator & bike shop mechanics
• Canadian Logistics & Transportation Coordinator
• Fulfillment Coordinator (with Sales Manager)
o Grow in future towards team lead for European partners
Equipment & Properties: Buy, Maintain, Schedule, Inventory, Ensure Security of Equipment
• Bicycle Fleet (in partnership with Bike Shop Coordinator) Ti, ebikes, Specialized, wheel upgrades.
o ‘Roving mechanic’ program oversight, worldwide (program in which mechanics move throughout regions to overhaul bikes midseason).
• Van & Trailer Fleet (in partnership with Logistics Coordinator).
• Branding and logo’ed gear: jerseys, guest t-shirts, van decals & more.
• Camping equipment: tents, bags, pads, chairs & more.
• Leader Housing Properties, Direction of Regional leader house program.
• Fixed Assets – Non-Information Technology related. (Including Furniture, etc.).
• Used equipment sales.
• Optimize Unit Schedule (placement of Vans, Trailers, Bikes for all trips).
• Coordinate Equipment Shipments (to remote hubs worldwide).
• Respond to data from guest & leader evaluations to improve quality and leader experience.
• Create Annual Budget.
• Track & Authorize Expenditures.
• Monthly Expenditures Reporting.
• Report & Authorize Budget Variances.
• Track Actual to Budgeted Expense.
• Quarterly Forecasting.
• Worldwide property and auto insurance renewal – liaise with our broker.
• Point person for equipment related policies for field staff worldwide.
• Point person for marketing & sales for equipment.
• Provide a cross-department connection on large projects, initiatives and training involving equipment and logistics.
• Experience providing outstanding customer service.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills and experience managing teams.
• Experience with purchasing, inventory, and maintaining rental fleet of equipment.
• Experience managing budgets.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel. Capability with creating and evaluating data in pivot tables.
• Understanding of Backroads’ guest service philosophy and knowledge of Backroads’ trip logistics.
• A passion for active travel and the outdoors.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to work at a computer desk for prolonged periods of time.
• Enthusiastic about working for Backroads.
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, flex plan, generous time-off and travel benefits, commuter incentive programs, etc. Backroads promotes work/life balance, and offers a fun, casual work environment.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Logistics & Transportation Manager” in the subject line of your email or by fax to (510) 527-1789, Attn: HR/Logistics & Transportation Manager.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and multisport trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.