Job Opportunities with Backroads
Backroads, the world’s #1 Active Travel Company, has been providing legendary service and top quality active vacations since 1979. We develop and operate biking, walking, hiking and multisport vacations around the world. We are committed to offering trips of the highest possible quality and rely on feedback from our guests to help us achieve this goal. The Quality Specialist is a member of the Backroads Quality team, which responds to guest feedback and works to continually improve the quality of the guest experience.
Quality Specialists respond daily to guests, leaders and other Backroads employees about problems that arise on trips and areas of opportunity for improvement, as determined by guest evaluations, leader reports and company initiative. This position provides an excellent overview of Backroads’ operations.
Major job responsibilities include:
• Work directly with Guests to research and resolve issues, provide outstanding service,
and increase our rebooking rate.
• Maintain all Trip Changes while working with RMs, TEs and Fulfillment. Notify guests of all changes and address questions that arise.
• Identify and prioritize Quality problems.
Analyze and evaluate quantitative and qualitative data from guest evaluations and other sources to target areas to improve trip quality and analyze the relative strengths and weaknesses of itineraries and systems. Produce analyses of the data in addition to cumulative reports through NEXUS.
• Create and support Quality initiatives throughout the company.
Provide a cross-department connection on large projects and training initiatives. Develop, own, and manage appropriate initiatives and ensure results. Use guest and value focused perspective to drive improvements across departments in whatever role is optimal. Update Quality Manual as needed.
• Track and assist emergency accident responses.
Facilitate customer service response to affected guests or family members. Help to support leaders in the field as needed. Increased and Improved post-trip follow-up with injured guests.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
2. Experience providing outstanding customer service.
3. Strong interpersonal skills to address and resolve customer service issues with guests and as well as opportunities to improve operations within Backroads.
4. Accuracy and attention to detail.
5. Understanding of Backroads’ guest service philosophy and knowledge of Backroads’ trip logistics very helpful.
6. Experience with Word and basic knowledge of Excel.
7. Sense of humor.
8. Ability to work at a computer desk for prolonged periods of time and occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
9. Enthusiastic about working for Backroads and have a passion for active travel and the outdoors.
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, flex plan, generous time-off and travel benefits, commuter incentive programs, etc. Backroads promotes work/life balance, and offers a fun, casual work environment.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Quality Specialist” in the subject line of your email or by fax to (510) 527-1789, Attn: HR/Quality Specialist.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and multisport trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.