Job Opportunities with Backroads
Custom/Private Trip Sales Consultant
Our Private Trips Department is currently seeking a Custom/Private Trip Sales Consultant to promote and sell Backroads custom and private trips to groups.
Essential elements of the job include:
• Understanding group needs
• Assisting the Private Trip Organizer in selecting the most appropriate trip based on the needs and capabilities of the group
• Providing prompt, courteous and accurate information
• Offering legendary customer service
• Establishing a close working relationship with Trip Development, Leader Development, Equipment & Logistics and Marketing when customization is required.
• The Custom/Private Trip Sales Consultant is expected to continuously improve knowledge of Backroads trips and contribute his/her ideas and talents to make Backroads a premier sale and service organization.
• The Custom/Private Trip Sales Consultant will focus is on Private & Custom trip sales in addition to selling our Scheduled trips dates and an extension of our Trip Consultant team.
Qualifications for the Custom/Private Trip Sales Consultant position include:
• International and domestic travel experience
• Previous sales experience — preferably in group travel
• Successful track record in achieving or exceeding sales and customer service goals
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Attention to detail and follow through
• Proficiency in Windows Operating System, Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability to work at a computer desk for prolonged periods of time and occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
• Enthusiastic about working for Backroads and have a passion for active travel and the outdoors.
Position may require some travel and weekend hours.
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, flex plan, generous time-off and travel benefits, commuter incentive programs, etc. Backroads promotes work/life balance, and offers a fun, casual work environment.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Custom/Private Trip Sales Consultant” in the subject line of your email or by fax to (510) 527-1789, Attn: HR/PTS.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and multisport trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.