Business Operations Assistant
The Business Operations Assistant will play a critical role within the Trip Development Business Operations organization. This person will be responsible for requesting & securing reservations for various vendors, permits, insurance, campgrounds, ferries, etc. Additionally, this person will be responsible for supporting the entire team of Business Operations Specialists, Coordinators & Managers – working closely with the Hotel & Sub-contractor group to audit, generate & check-in contracts.
The Business Operations Assistant will assist with a variety of projects based on the needs of the business and will be able to learn nearly every aspect of Trip Development Business Operations, and participate in a diverse array of projects.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Strong Communicator. You will create extensive correspondence that relies on you being conversant in our systems, timelines, guidelines and terminology.
• Organized. You’re an efficient time-manager and can handle the pressure of meeting multiple strict deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and with a team. You will be collaborating and often contributing to discussions amongst internal teams; you also work effectively without a lot of support or structure.
• Problem-Solver. As an action-oriented self-starter, you’re eager to apply your expertise in diagnosing inefficiencies, determining root causes, and recommending solutions to complex challenges.
• Personable. You establish and nurture highly effective relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders that support and advance project goals and objectives.
• Credible. Ability to quickly develop a thorough understanding of Backroads business timelines and provide administrative support, you quickly establish credibility as a reliable resource.
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, flex plan, generous time-off and travel benefits, commuter incentive programs, etc. Backroads promotes work/life balance, and offers a fun, casual work environment.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Business Operations Assistant – web” in the subject line of your email.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and Multi-Adventure trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.