User Support Specialist
REPORTS TO: Infrastructure Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create & maintain user account across a wide variety of applications including Active Directory, server and file access permissions, Exchange, Crystal Reports, Office 365, Softrip, Salesforce. Others as required like IBIS applications access permissions and Leader changes.
• Phone system user account management.
• Support users local and remote in day to day activities, PC and application troubleshooting.
• Manage Printers and faxes as needed by user community.
• Maintain & Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction with clear and concise communication.
• Escalate user, service or project (all) issues to next level service when required.
• Develop in-depth knowledge of our growing service catalog and how it relates to users and company needs.
• Ongoing documentation of processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
• Enter all work as service or project tickets into ticketing system.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICTATIONS:
• Must have at least 2 years of help desk experience in a high-tech / fast paced environment successfully managing trouble tickets and escalating when appropriate.
• Must have experience with Active Directory and Exchange Account Management.
• Must have experience supporting Windows 7 from a hardware and software perspective with Windows 10 experience a plus.
• Working knowledge of Windows Server permissions for user access to shares, folders and files.
• Working knowledge of Citrix Studio & Director to maintain user accounts connectivity.
• Experience with Mac OS X & mobile technologies a plus
• Familiarity working with Audio/Visual and video conferencing programs and equipment.
• Knowledge of the user requirements and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
• Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
• Effectively manages, organizes, and prioritizes work in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent people skills, including good verbal and written communications skills
• Excellent decision making and analytical skills
• Able to assess, negotiate and resolve questions and problems
• Skilled at managing and meeting end user expectations
• Able to lift 30 pounds
• A degree or diploma in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field is a plus. Equivalent work experience may substitute.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in technical support with strong troubleshooting and problem diagnosis skills, specifically with windows desktop systems, some networking and server administration is a plus
• Industry Certifications, such Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), and/or VMware Certified Professional (VCP) are a plus.
Technology Experience Required:
• In depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop systems (7 & 10). This includes applications like Skype, Adobe Reader & Acrobat Windows Server and desktop operating system deployment, configuration, and administration
• Windows Server technologies (Exchange, Terminal Server, Active Directory, etc.) incudes creating, archiving & deleting accounts.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and configuration.
• Installation/uninstallation of a variety of current and legacy applications.
• Familiarity with VMWARE and VSPHERE to troubleshoot, manage and support user VMs.
• Creating/removing/updating Print Queue on print Servers
• Creating/securing/updating File Shares
• Experience supporting and troubleshooting enterprise software/hardware
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, flex plan, generous time-off and travel benefits, commuter incentive programs, etc. Backroads promotes work/life balance, and offers a fun, casual work environment.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “User Support Specialist – web” in the subject line of your email.
No phone calls please.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and Multi-Adventure trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.