MARKETING Senior Designer
PURPOSE OF JOB: The Senior Designer will contribute to the overall design process through concept, design development, and delivery of compelling visuals that will resonate with an external global audience. This person is an expert in their craft and is highly skilled in working with a team of visual artists to deliver great work. They also have the ability to adapt to various creative styles and mediums.
The Senior Designer must be comfortable partnering across teams to understand stakeholder goals and expectations to get buy-in on plans and delivery timelines, and effectively manage competing priorities to hit team deadlines. Must enjoy facilitating the success of projects from concept to delivery, through design review.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Own conceptual development, direction and delivery of visual design projects for our web sites, as well as multiple channels
• Collaborate with Design & Production Teams and other key stakeholders throughout Backroads to deliver high-quality and effective marcom solutions that are on brand – and are above and beyond our competition
• Take digital projects from brief through concept, UX and visual design
• Work across different mediums, including our website, printed event collateral, email and digital ad campaigns and custom swag
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s Degree in design, marketing, graphic arts, advertising or related field
• 5+ years of brand design experience, primarily in digital mediums. Experience in catalog and other printed mediums a plus
• A portfolio must be submitted for consideration
• An amazing portfolio demonstrating visual design and branding expertise
• Ability to apply visual design to typography, layout and user experience
• Fantastic interpersonal skills
• The ability to communicate complex concepts in a simple manner
• The ability to balance multiple priorities while maintaining clear communication
• The ability to drive design strategy to support business objectives
• Fluency in Adobe Suite: particularly Dreamweaver, Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator. Bonus if versed in Premiere & AfterEffects
• Knowledge of HTML, CSS
• Proficient in wireframe creation and prototyping with tools such as Sketch, Adobe XD, etc.
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, flex plan, generous time-off and travel benefits, commuter incentive programs, etc. Backroads promotes work/life balance, and offers a fun, casual work environment.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Designer – web” in the subject line of your email.
No phone calls please.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and Multi-Adventure trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.