MARKETING Copy/Content Writer
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Strategize with company owner, head of marketing, marcom manager and segment owners on company messaging
• Create concepts and write copy for projects across consumer touch points, such as catalog, web, social, video and email that reflect our unique approach to travel and positions Backroads as the leader in the market for each segment we operate in
• Collaborate on the development of competitive positioning for each trip
• Develop strategy and create special features, e.g. staff and trip leader profiles
• Present to Creative Directors and business partners, incorporating feedback
• Collaborate with brand and design teams
• Set the tone and voice for our company brand
• Create clear, compelling, persuasive content
• Other duties as necessary and assigned
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
• 4+ years copywriting experience at an advertising agency or in-house advertising/marketing group for B2C brands – consumer experience required
• Bachelor’s degree
• Portfolio of work is required for consideration
• Must have experience across diverse touchpoints – digital channels a must
• Experience working in various CMS systems
• Solid presentation skills
• Ability to approach work strategically
• Experience working with a creative partner(s)
• Role on-site, based in Berkeley, CA – no relocation offered
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, flex plan, generous time-off and travel benefits, commuter incentive programs, etc. Backroads promotes work/life balance, and offers a fun, casual work environment.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Copy/Content Writer – web” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and Multi-Adventure trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.