TRIP DEVELOPMENT BUSINESS OPERATIONS Business Analyst
Backroads is the world’s leading premium active travel company. We believe in creating experiences on the road less traveled, and that exploring a landscape through your own power (via bike or hike) affords you an authentic connection. If you’re looking for an opportunity with an established company (we’ve been around for nearly 40 years) and like to work in a dynamic environment with tightly-knit, collaborative and active team members, then, you’ve come to the right place.
The Business Analyst supports the Trip Development Business Operations team by creating reports and dashboards to facilitate operations and management, trains the team to use data better, and creates processes to support ongoing growth at Backroads. The Business Analyst brings expertise in Excel, database building, verifying data, and analytics software used for presentations. The Business Analyst also delights in teaching and training, with a strong interpersonal skill set, someone patient and energetic.
What You Will Do
• Evaluate, define, standardize, and report on key KPI’s that impact our businesses on a day-to-day basis and proactively translate the trends into cost saving and revenue generating recommendations.
• Bring a thorough understanding of business analytics, front-end data reporting, and business intelligence tools to drive the creation of actionable insights and recommendations to the leadership team.
• Provide insights that inform product & business strategy. Your reports and dashboards are the envy of the reporting world: uniform, accurate and consistent. Beyond that, you identify, analyze and interpret trends and patterns in complex data sets. As a steward of information, you summarize key findings and propose action plans.
• Develop new analytical/data resources for use across the company.
• Own projects from start-to-finish, setting reasonable timelines for completion.
• Investigate root causes for issues/anomalies and provide creative yet logical solutions for solving data or business intelligence challenges.
Experience We’re Looking For
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field.
• 2 years of experience in business or consumer insights, marketing analysis, and/or consumer/market research projects.
• Proven record of dashboarding, business intelligence reporting at the granular and executive level
• Able to quickly and efficiently analyze, large complex data sets to provide actionable insights and recommendations.
• Results oriented, but more importantly, focused on delivering accurate and reliable data.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to interface effectively with individuals at various levels of the organization.
• Team player and self-starter with the ability to liaise with multiple teams and stakeholders, but also able to work independently with minimal supervision, manage several simultaneous projects and proactively deliver key analytical projects.
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications, such as Excel (Pivot Tables and other data tools within Excel) and PowerPoint (must be able to visualize data to tell a compelling story).
• Experience with tools such as Tableau, Google Analytics, SPSS, SAS and the ability to write/interpret SQL.
• Mastery of SQL
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, flex plan, generous time-off and travel benefits, commuter incentive programs, etc. Backroads promotes work/life balance, and offers a fun, casual work environment.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Business Analyst – web” in the subject line of your email.
No phone calls please.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and Multi-Adventure trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.