TRIP INVENTORY MANAGEMENT (TIM) Business Analyst
The Business Analyst (BA) supports the TIM team by creating reports to facilitate operations and management, trains the team to use data better, and creates processes to support the ongoing growth at Backroads. Coming from an applied mathematics background, the BA brings expertise in excel, database building, verifying data, and analytics software used for presentations. The BA also delights in teaching and training, with a strong interpersonal skill set, someone patient and energetic.
Reports & Analysis
• Excel: using advanced functions for data manipulation, nesting, and pivoting data
• Experience in financial reporting
• Creating dashboards
• Advanced statistics: (e.g. regression or sensitivity analysis)
• Previous experience building relational databases (macros, code modules etc)
• Identify areas where databases use can replace excel
• Build clean, intuitive, and professional looking interfaces
• Improve employee usage of excel, access, and other processes supporting their work
• Conduct training sessions
• Ensure team is consistent on data entry
• Translate tech for non-techies
• Be an excellent teacher
• Determine processes for cleaning data before data migration and execute
• Coordinate with staff on improving data
• Participate in process improvements
• Help identify gaps surrounding new ERP system that will launch in October
Exceptional excel skills
Access database building (3+ years exp in workplace)
ERP Systems experience (e.g. SAP, Oracle, PM software)
BS in applied mathematics or applied analysis
Enthusiastic about working for Backroads and have a passion for active travel and the outdoors.
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, flex plan, generous time-off and travel benefits, commuter incentive programs, etc. Backroads promotes work/life balance, and offers a fun, casual work environment.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Business Analyst – web” in the subject line of your email.
No phone calls please.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and Multi-Adventure trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.