TRIP INVENTORY MANAGEMENT (TIM) Global Trip Operations Specialist
The Global Trip Operations Specialist (GTOS) is hands on in dealing with the details essential to executing Backroad’s amazing trips, again and again. This includes procuring camp sites, coordinating critical information for the teams on the ground, providing reports and creating correspondence. The GTOS has a wide range of tasks; helping with contracts, vendors, and supporting field personnel. Repetitive tasks do not daunt you, and they can even be satisfying. You are process driven, you are thorough, and you constantly seek ways to avoid mistakes. Communication is one of your strengths, which you use to make sure everyone is on the same page and nothing falls through the cracks. You prefer to pick up the phone or meet in person but you are also a great writer, suited for professional, customer level correspondence.
Responsibilities (but not all):
• Regularly identify changes to trips and communicate them to team
• Manage reservations for transportation, ferry services and campgrounds to ensure guests do not go without
• Conduct, coordinate and manage permit applications
• Ensure field staff has accurate, comprehensive, information and documentation to ensure highest level of trip quality
• Create elevation profiles, route information(e.g. bike routes)
• Keep internal systems updated with all changes and notes
• Draft letters to internal & external stakeholders summarizing changes to trips
• Communicate strongly, and professionally, on par with Backroad’s high level of quality
• Develop strong, foundational, relationships with internal and external teams
• Work with multiple departments to receive, edit and enter large volumes of data (accurately)
• Maintain high levels of accuracy by performing regular audits and corrections
• Synchronize information across different systems, departments, personnel and vendors
• Utilize Excel to track and manipulate data
Excel, Word, Outlook
ERP Systems experience (e.g. SAP, Oracle, PM software)
Enthusiastic about working for Backroads and have a passion for active travel and the outdoors.
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, flex plan, generous time-off and travel benefits, commuter incentive programs, etc. Backroads promotes work/life balance, and offers a fun, casual work environment.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Global Trip Operations Specialist – web” in the subject line of your email.
No phone calls please.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and Multi-Adventure trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.