GUEST FOCUS Seasonal Administrative Assistant
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our Guest Focus team, full time from March to November.
Work with the best team at Backroads! (OK, maybe we’re biased…) Guest Focus is at the heart of what we do at Backroads’, bridging the gap between different departments at a high level and driving quality at every level. Our mission is to be the World’s Most Guest Focused Company. We fact check, investigate, seek to understand, and deliver a clear and concise message to guests impacted by trip changes, trip improvements, tough experiences, unintended misses, disappointments and celebrations. We take ownership when we’ve made mistakes. Along with every staff member and leader at Backroads, we live, breathe and engage in the promise to be honest and operate with integrity and transparency every day.
Your primary functions will include providing administrative support to our team (inbox management, reporting, keeping us organized). This is not a guest-facing role, but you will have a unique lens into all aspects of the work we do and be a core member of our team. You will have visibility on all incoming issues and be an essential part of helping us drive quality at Backroads.
• impeccable organizational, time management and prioritization skills
• an eye for improving processes
• passion for crunching numbers
• solid mathematical and analytical skills
• moderate-level data analysis and strong excel skills (or willing to teach yourself!)
• ability to understand the bigger picture, consolidate information from different stakeholders, envision solutions and drive to completion
• ability to work effectively as part of a team and also able to self-direct
• thrive on a fast-paced, high-volume environment
• enthusiastic about Backroads and our mission to be the most guest-focused company in the world
• Experience in customer service a plus, but not required (regardless of experience, customer-focus is essential)
• Experience in Administration or Project Management a plus, not required
PRIMARY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Administrative support to GF Director and GF team
• Data analysis – help us provide timely, accurate data to stakeholders that help inform our decisions and drive quality at Backroads!
• GF inbox management
• Compile and audit daily, weekly, monthly reports with an eye for quality
• Prep thorough but succinct guest history for GF team members
• Data migration support for IT systems overhaul
• Updating and managing GF training materials, protocols and templates
• Ongoing GF projects
• Potential to own Injury/Illness, including responding to and supporting guests and leaders who are injured or ill in multiple capacities
Please send a cover letter explaining why you’d be a great fit for this position, along with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “GFAA Application” in the subject line.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and Multi-Adventure trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.