FINANCE Seasonal Accounts Payable Expense Reports Specialist
We are currently seeking a Seasonal Accounts Payable Expense Reports Specialist to join our Finance Team.
The Seasonal Accounts Payable Expense Reports Specialist will work as part of Finance supporting Backroads field staff related to expense reporting and the accuracy of tour cost budgets.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Backroads Expense Report Tracking System (BETSy)
• Download daily credit card files, review for accuracy and import transactions into BETSy and payables to our financial accounting software (EPICOR). Review suspect transactions and contact leaders to inquire about them.
• Execute weekly process to validate field staff entries and post submitted transactions to EPICOR expense accounts for both cash and credit card transactions processed
• Regularly review BETSy validation reports and research any reported errors that might be preventing transactions from posting to BETSy and/or EPICOR. Recode transactions and create general ledger account codes as needed. Work with field and IT staff to resolve errors.
• Process office staff credit card expense reports in BETSy on a monthly basis
• Respond to BETSy related problems and provide back-up support for Leader Technology Support staff as needed
Expense Report Spending Review
• Review expense reports based on various audit flags that indicate something appears unusual, or if an expense report is selected for random audit. This includes assessing if expense reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner, if receipts are included, and if expenses are compliant with Backroads policy and procedures
• Review Expense Reports selected by various Audit Rules and either approve or send back to the field staff for additional support/information
• Develop and employ queries and other tools in order to properly flag unusual expenses.
• Request and process reimbursements as necessary
• Elevate issues to appropriate area of responsibility (i.e. Tour Leader Managers, Budget Managers, IT staff, etc).
• Monitor and report system constraints
• Maintain metrics on issues related to leader spending and their resolution
• Partner with Finance & IT staff for enhancement, implementation and troubleshooting needs.
• Create entries as needed in BETSy for correcting entries, refunds, etc
• Prepare quarterly analysis reports comparing spending trends by trip, by region, by leader, etc, to Finance Management
• Provide supporting information to field staff for remote “village meetings” where topics including spending trends are discussed
• Provide content on field spending trends for periodic field communications pieces
• Strong communications skills (both written and verbal) to effectively communicate with new and returning field staff to provide the highest level of customer service
• Quality and Customer service orientation
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Team player – willingness to work with others on team to best meet the needs of our field staff and other coworkers.
• Dependable and ethical business professional able to support and clearly communicate business policies and procedures
• Proficient in MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, familiarity with accounting software and databases
• BS or BA in Accounting or Business highly desirable and strong foundation in basic accounting
This position is seasonal full-time in our home office in Berkeley, CA April 2018 through November 2018 with the possibility for extension.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit Backroads along with your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Seasonal AP Expense Reports Specialist – web” in the subject line of your email.
No phone calls please.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and Multi-Adventure trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.