LEADER DEVELOPMENT Seasonal Field Staff Payroll Assistant - part time
Who We Are Looking For:
We are seeking a very detail oriented Administrative Assistant to provide support to our leader development team in the area of Field Staff payroll. Responsibilities include daily payroll validation, review and export of payroll reports each pay period, update and maintain payroll databases, assist with budgeting and annual pay raises. Additionally this position will process Field Staff reimbursements and communicate with Field Staff on payroll and reimbursement matters. The ideal candidate will have exceptional attention to detail, exemplary communication skills (both written and verbal), a strong customer service ethic, exercise excellent judgment/discretion dealing with confidential matters, and a high level of familiarity and expertise working with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel. If you’re looking to join a high functioning team at an incredible company, this is the job for you!
• 1 to 2 years of previous administrative experience in a high paced environment.
• Exceptional organizational and analytical skills, strong detail orientation, rapid, accurate data entry ability.
• Proficiency with MS Office required, advanced Excel skills (including pivot tables) strongly preferred.
• Friendly, helpful and upbeat personality with a strong desire to assist fellow employees.
• Unwavering good discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work at a computer desk for prolonged periods of time.
• Enthusiastic about working for Backroads and have a passion for active travel and the outdoors.
This position is part time (24 hours per week) seasonal, from March through November. Working approx. 4-5 hrs/day, five days a week is ideal, but we will consider a similar schedule, and there is some flexibility with the day to day hours. Backroads promotes work/life balance, and offers a fun, casual work environment
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Field Staff Payroll Assistant – web” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and Multi-Adventure trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.