FINANCE Accounts Payable Specialist
We are currently seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our Finance Team.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will work as part of the Finance team processing invoices related to trip expenses and supporting Backroads field staff with their expense reporting.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Process high volume of invoices from hotels, restaurants and other vendors from around the world auditing against contract documents and reservation details.
• Correspond with vendors regarding payment status and discrepancies.
• Distribute to correct general ledger expense accounts and job cost system reference codes.
• Enter vouchers into accounts payable module in finance system (EPICOR) accurately and efficiently in order to ensure correct, timely payment to vendors.
• Provide other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations to our vendors.
Leader Cash Expense Close-Out and other expense report related responsibilities
• Correspond with trip leaders about deadlines and any questions that arise regarding the process
• Monitor outstanding cash balances
• Create entries as needed in the Backroads expense tracking system for currency conversions and/or add cash entries
• Prepare deposits of unused trip cash.
• Perform all duties and responsibilities by established deadlines. Keep Accounting Supervisor informed of progress, problems, policy issues, and new ideas.
• Play an active role as a member of the Finance team. Attend and contribute to staff meetings.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
• Prior Accounts Payable experience.
• BS or BA, coursework in accounting
• Excellent detail verification skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with vendors, co-workers and field staff to provide the highest level of customer service
• Excellent problem solving skills and a positive, solution-oriented attitude.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work as a member of a team.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Accounts Payable Specialist – web” in the subject line of your email.
No phone calls please.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and Multi-Adventure trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.