SALES Seasonal Guest Services Assistant
We are currently seeking one Seasonal Guest Services Administrative Assistant to join our Guest Services Talent Group for 2018. Our ideal candidates are highly professional, service-oriented, team players who are flexible and adaptable, and willing to wear different hats wherever there is an identified need.
Your primary duties include:
• Handle basic to moderate level data collection, analyzation, and organization.
• Compile and audit daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
• Process trip paperwork and filing. Follow up with guests for missing information.
• Coordinate mailroom operations – Sorting and distributing incoming mail, updating mailing addresses, and mailing documents via standard mail and overnight services.
• Provide support for special events/projects.
• Provide basic facilities support and maintenance.
Being part of the Talent Group opens up other opportunities at Backroads. Based on your performance, desire and initiative you will likely be tapped to assist in other areas at Backroads. This will enrich your experience as you learn more about how things work outside of the Guest Services Administrative Assistant role. This is an excellent way to learn more about Backroads as an organization.
Ideal candidates will have:
• Excellent customer service experience and a true willingness to exceed guest’s expectations with every interaction.
• Impeccable written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills. A warm, friendly, and professional demeanor is essential for this role.
• Superb sense of detail. Your grasp of the details can make or break a guest’s experience.
• High level of initiative.
• Can work effectively and remain focused in a fast paced work environment without feeling overwrought.
• Can juggle multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Excellent organizational and computer skills: proficient with excel and comfortable with Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and One note. A willingness to learn new, complex systems is required.
• Value and embody integrity, teamwork, empowerment, and sense of ownership.
• Domestic and/or international travel experience preferred.
• Enthusiastic about working for Backroads and have a passion for active travel and the outdoors.
• Flexibility to work on a variety of tasks, both for sales support and other departments.
This position is seasonal full-time in our home office in Berkeley, CA immediately through July 2018.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Seasonal Guest Services Assistant” in the subject line of your email.
No phone calls please.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and Multi-Adventure trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.