TRIP INVENTORY MANAGEMENT (TIM) Vendor Specialist
You will bring expertise in contract or vendor management to our Trip Inventory Management (TIM) group. You will work closely with regional managers, vendors and ground personnel to ensure every trip goes perfectly. Quality is absolute. You anticipate the next steps, proactively create insightful reports, and are compelled to be ahead of the curve. Repetitive tasks do not daunt you, and they can even be satisfying. The tasks at hand are complex, but that is ok because you have a process, you are thorough, and constantly seek ways to avoid mistakes. Coordinating, tracking schedules, and driving timelines, you can easily build your own spreadsheet to help you do a better job. Communication is one of your strengths, which you use to make sure everyone is on the same page and nothing is falling through the cracks. You prefer to pick up the phone or meet in person but you are also a great writer, suited for professional, customer level correspondence.
• Draft and audit contracts, finalizing them before the deadline
• Monitor completeness of terms, deliverables, approvals and communications
• Ensure contracts enable the highest level of trip quality
• Leverage relationship with field personnel for two-way, up to date, sharing of information
• Document each stage of the process, including communications, confirmations & cancelations
• Build strong relationships with vendors to ensure highest level of trip quality
• Conduct initial rounds of negotiation
• Train vendors on BR systems, procedures and practices
• Grow vendors’ trust and reliance on BR to streamline information flow
• Ensure field has accurate, comprehensive, information well before trip departures
• Help manage equipment and personnel coordination
• Manage manifests, guest lists or seat counts for transportation vendors
• Communicate strongly, and professionally, on par with BR’s high level of quality
• Develop strong, foundational, relationships with BR personnel
• Inform all teams of details or changes impacting customer satisfaction or trip performance
• Bridge information gaps between ground staff, sales, yield management and regional managers
• Work with multiple departments to receive, edit and enter large volumes of data (accurately)
• Maintain high levels of accuracy by performing regular audits and corrections
• Synchronize information across different systems, departments, personnel and vendors
• Ensure systems are always up to date (e.g. vendor info, hotel amenities, itinerary details)
• Excel, Word, Outlook
• ERP Systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle, PM software)
• 3+ years experience in contract management, vendor management, or
• Enthusiastic about working for Backroads and have a passion for active travel and the outdoors.
Perks and Benefits:
•Travel Credit towards any of our amazing trips, and doesn’t count as Time off!
•Competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, flex plan, generous time-off and travel benefits, commuter incentive programs, etc. Backroads promotes work/life balance, and offers a fun, casual work environment.
No phone calls please.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and Multi-Adventure trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.