TRIP INVENTORY MANAGEMENT (TIM) - Seasonal Rooming Assistant
We are currently seeking two Seasonal Rooming Assistants to join our Trip Inventory Management Team for 2018. This position has the important role of maintaining open and effective lines of communication with our outside vendors and updating our internal database in order to process and track vital trip information. These positions start immediately and last through August or September 2018. Positions may include some weekend shifts.
Our goal is to ensure that every guest has the highest quality experience before, during and after their Backroads trip. Being part of the Trip Inventory Management Team opens up other opportunities at Backroads. Based on your performance, desire and initiative you will likely be tapped to assist in other areas at Backroads. This will enrich your experience as you learn more about how things work outside of the Rooming Department. This is an excellent way to learn more about Backroads as an organization.
Our ideal candidates are highly professional, service-oriented, team players who enjoy a fast-paced work environment and do not mind repetitive tasks.
Ideal candidates will have:
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills
• Excellent computer skills. Must have comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook, and be comfortable learning new, complex systems
• Must be able to type 50wpm or faster
• Can work effectively and remain focused in a repetitious, fast paced work environment without feeling overwrought
• Can juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
• French, Italian, and/or Spanish language proficiency (written & spoken) preferred but not required
• Value and embody integrity, teamwork, empowerment, and sense of ownership
• Must be willing to work weekends
• Enthusiastic about working for Backroads and have a passion for active travel and the outdoors
This position is seasonal full-time in our home office in Berkeley, CA starting immediately and running through August/September.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Seasonal Rooming Assistant – web” in the subject line of your email.
No phone calls please.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and Multi-Adventure trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.