OPERATIONS Bike Mechanic - Seasonal
We currently have an opening for a BIKE MECHANIC.
This position is for 3 months with the possibility of it turning into a full time job.As a member of the Backroads Bike Shop team your job would include:
• Building, tuning, & servicing our fleet of Specialized S-works, e bikes, and custom titanium bicycles.
• Providing outstanding support for Backroads leaders in the field by an ongoing ownership of the bike quality from the overhaul in Canmore to various trips in the field.
• Traveling to provide direct support & training in the field as part of the Roving Mechanic Program. Destinations could include: Quebec City, Quebec, Halifax, Nova Scotia, and Victoria B.C, with international travel also a possibility.
• Assisting in conducting bicycle mechanic skills clinics for Trip Leaders.
• Monitoring bike supply & parts inventory.
• Maintaining the organization & cleanliness of the bike shop & bike storage areas.
• The ideal candidate for this role is driven to produce high quality results, is proud of his or her work, and truly cares about improving upon their work environment.
• Ability to work independently without direct supervision with foresight to see upcoming needs and plan accordingly.
• This candidate enjoys the camaraderie of an energetic team, values physical fitness, understands Backroads’ mission to be the best travel company, and is motivated from within to do his or her best work, every day.
• An amazing passion for bicycles and the sport of cycling.
• Minimum of two years of bike shop experience.
• Strongly oriented towards high quality customer service to our leaders and guests.
• Knowledgeable about bicycle assembly, maintenance, & safety issues.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• The ability to manage multiple tasks at one time and finish them on schedule.
• Self-starter who can meet our program needs in the field with limited supervision.
• Ability to hit the ground running at a high pace.
• Open and willing to learning new skills/techniques.
• Sense of humor and a varied taste in music.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Experience in teaching and training basic bicycle mechanic skills a plus
• Ability to lift 25 KG
To play a key role in a company that develops and operates first class bicycle, walking and multisport vacations in numerous destinations around the world, send your resume and cover letter describing your bike mechanic, touring and/or racing experience to us at staffing@ backroads.com with “Bike Mechanic – web” in the subject of your email.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and Multi-Adventure trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.