Network Support Specialist
REPORTS TO: SENIOR NETWORK & SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
This is a multi-function role and will provide support across all aspects of domain including day to day support of server, network and user helpdesk.
The Network Support Specialist is responsible for
• Support network, servers, desktops, VPN, and wireless technologies.
• Provide solutions and work closely with users to support day to day activities.
• Application and operating system tuning, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
• Perform routine server updates/patching and software deployments.
• Manage Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policies.
• Manage VMWARE vCenter.
• Configure/setup, maintain and troubleshoot servers and services.
• Monitor networks and servers for error conditions and outages.
• User account management in Active Directory and a variety of other applications.
• Participate in corporate-wide IT solutions, planning and deployment of IT-related projects.
• Participate in the planning, designing and testing of disaster recovery procedures.
• Track, document, and route support requests and infrastructure tasks in a ticketing system.
• Create and maintain documentation on systems, processes & procedures.
• 5+ years Windows System Administration (2008, 2012 R2)
• 3+ years Network administration and support
• 3+ years VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V or other virtualization experience
• 3+ years Helpdesk, user based support on Windows 7/10
• BA/BS in computer science or equivalent education desired but will consider hands on/real world experience.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong problem solving skills and experience troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
• After hours availability a few times per month for maintenance as required, occasional weekend work for special projects. Typically these are able to be scheduled in advance.
• Solid understanding of Windows operating concepts (files, file systems, active directory, replication, processes, service and log management, users, Terminal services, permissions, I/O, devices, etc.).
• Hands-on experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008+ & Desktop (WIN 7 & WIN 10), user account management including Active Directory and Exchange, IIS
• Knowledge of (hands on a plus) a variety of applications including: VMWare vCenter, Landesk Endpoint Management, McAfee ePO, Crystal Reports, Avaya IPO, EngHouse Contact Center, Citrix XenApp remote access, Veeam Backup and Recovery
• Knowledge & Experience with Office 365 administration including Sharepoint configuration
• Knowledge & Experience with HP ProLiant servers, EqualLogic SAN Dell, Dell Desktops and Laptops, Cisco ASA & Switches
• Knowledge & Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008+, MSSMS
• Basic scripting to automate tasks (batch files etc)
• Knowledge of network architectures, protocols and security fundamentals.
• Certifications a plus MCSA, MCSE or MCSM, CCNA, CCT, CCNA
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Network Support Specialist " in the subject line of your email
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and Multi-Adventure trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.