Web/E-Com Product Manager & Marketing Producer
Backroads is the world’s leading premium active travel company. We believe in creating experiences on the road less traveled, and that exploring a landscape through your own power (via bike or hike) affords you an authentic connection. If you’re looking for an opportunity with an established company (we’ve been around for nearly 40 years) and like to work in a dynamic environment with tightly knit, collaborative and active team members, then you’ve come to the right place.
This role combines web/e-commerce Product Management, Web Production and Go-To-Market process. It will be responsible for all aspects of our web- and browser-based properties, ensuring optimal user experiences for both prospective and returning guests as well as site performance as it relates to channel interaction and conversions. The role not only supports the development of the product road map for mobile and web, but also ongoing site updates, strategy and content. This leader will identify, create, develop and integrate innovative strategies for trip discovery, purchase and post-purchase stages. This role is also tasked with analyzing and implementing improvements on current go-to-market strategies and processes. You are performance-driven, and will ensure the right balance of guest experience to site performance/KPIs.
• Develop and execute a road map and ship high-quality experiences that realize measurable business outcomes.
• Effectively translate business strategies into product strategies, road maps, and product specifications that deliver against customer value propositions as well as strategic and financial goals.
• Define the vision and overall road map for E-commerce/Digital customer experiences.
• Act as a leader within the team, driving high-quality customer experiences and exploring what is possible with evolving digital content, devices and tools.
• Manage the development, production and testing of digital customer-facing products.
• Implement project management processes for the creative team.
• Manage road map for productivity improvements within Creative and Marketing.
• Gather input from internal business partners and external sources to craft a shared prioritized road map that is feasible and can be measured.
• Identify technology trends and digital product opportunities for Backroads based on user, business, market and tech inputs.
• Define measures of success for product launches aligned with organization-wide goals.
• Champion the needs of business teams and stakeholders throughout the development process; ensure what is delivered meets the original goals and KPIs.
• Lead the ideation, technical development and launch of customer-facing products.
• Work collaboratively and drive the launch of the projects under your area. Make thoughtful decisions on the fly, constantly clearing roadblocks to get your product live.
• Be an evangelist for your products by sharing your product vision across the team and leading through influence.
Skills and Experience
• At least 7+ years’ experience building commerce experiences and working with commerce technologies across desktop, mobile and in-product.
• Strong technical understanding of e-commerce best practices, internet technologies and web services.
• Strong command of how performance marketing technologies integrate with a website and how to implement these technologies.
• Ability to develop, communicate and gain consensus on a product road map or feature set for a platform supporting consumer-facing products.
• Strong knowledge of productivity and project methodologies and applications/tools.
• Knowledge of user experience trends and digital consumer behaviors.
• Expertise in making informed, data-driven decisions using web analytical skills and offline data.
• Expertise in using web analytics and A/B testing to identify improvement opportunities.
• Ability to manage complex builds through thoughtful prioritization and disciplines that drive towards delivery.
• Track record of project execution; completing and shipping excellent products on time and on budget.
• Strong empathy and understanding of the customer, solving their problems, adding value, reducing friction and streamlining experiences.
• Collaborative, creative team player with ambition to do quality impactful work.
• Experience thriving in a fast-paced, fast-growing start-up–like environment.
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, flex plan, generous time-off and travel benefits, commuter incentive programs, etc. Backroads promotes work/life balance, and offers a fun, casual work environment.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Web/E-Com Product Manager & Marketing Producer” in the subject line of your email.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and Multi-Adventure trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.