IT Project Scheduler (Microsoft Project) - contract/limited term position
PROJECT OVERVIEW: Backroads is replacing our legacy in-house operations systems with ERP software and concurrently standing up the Force.com technology platform. We have been integrating various systems and merging complex data under a compressed implementation timeline. As we approach the program’s first major “go live” milestones early next year, we need a self-starting, diligent, and eager team member to join our Program Management Office in the role of Project Support Analyst, to schedule and coordinate tasks across multiple concurrent technical initiatives converging on our first major cutover event, and to continue in this capacity as new projects are added to the portfolio.
POSITION OVERVIEW: We are seeking a detail-oriented and highly organized individual with a background in functional, technical, and tactical project support, with superior expertise in creating project schedules using Microsoft Project, comfortable with juggling several project plans and initiatives. The ideal person for this position is someone who likes to roll up their sleeves and thrive in a fast-paced, and somewhat unstructured and changing environment.
- Working with individual project managers, develop project plans, creating task lists, editing and modifying tasks types, building a work breakdown structure
- Create task dependencies with understanding of constraints, and build project schedules using MS Project, including subprojects and various views
- Assess progress on completion of tasks and deliverables and maintain up-to-date status in the project schedule
- Take initiative to collaborate and communicate effectively with team members having diverse professional backgrounds
- Develop and communicate weekly status reports and “dashboard” reports on overall project progress
- Prior experience supporting software implementation projects (ERP, Integration, Data Architecture, Infrastructure a plus)
- 3+ years’ experience coordinating and supporting IT projects in a similar role
- Superior skills in MS Project to create project schedules; knowledge of additional PM/PPM tools a plus in the event we determine MS Project is inadequate for our needs
- Demonstrated ability to work in an unstructured environment with rapidly changing workloads and priorities
- Demonstrated high acumen for follow-through on task/deliverable completion and ability to understand impact to overall schedules when deadlines slip and recommend corrective action
- Demonstrated understanding of different project management methodologies
- Motivated self-starter with a strong attention to detail, able to solve problems
- Multi-tasker with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication and influencing skills
- PMP certification a plus
PAY: Competitive pay will be offered DOE. This is a 1 year contracted position with the potential for extension. An independent contractor arrangement is available to candidates under an LLC or other corporate structure, otherwise we will offer the position under a Limited Term Employment arrangement.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume to Nextroads@backroads.com with “Project Scheduler” in the subject line of your email. No recruiters please.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and Multi-Adventure trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.