Trip Inventory Management (TIM) Manager
WHAT YOU’LL DO
This is the lead role in the newly formed Trip Inventory Management (TIM) group. The TIM group is responsible for managing the variable aspects of our trips. TIM group tasks include: confirming hotel dates and rates, managing room inventory based on sales needs, contracting with local guides/restaurants/etc., and all the other details that makes Backroads the world’s leading active travel company. This position reports to our Trip Development Director, but you will be working closely with Regional Managers (RM) who “own” all trips as well as other departments (Yield Management, Finance, etc.).
You will manage workflow, track task completion, ensure accurate data entry, and support resolutions for escalations, where they are impeding completion of a task for the TIM group. You will be responsible for achieving targets for task completion and for improving time performance and efficiency among our talented team. The team is mainly made up of full-time staff, but will be increased based on seasonal or workload requirements.
The TIM group was formed by combining two existing groups with overlapping duties while retaining existing staff. The current processes will be improved / recreated with the launch of new Operations software at the start of 2018, so you will need to manage both current and future/modified processes, along with the rollover to the new systems. This role will evolve after the new systems are running, so the ideal candidate will be flexible and open to a dynamic set of job responsibilities.
ROLES & RESPONSIBLITIES
• Monitor workload, results, and performance
• Rebalance work within team based on workloads
• Balance immediate needs with ongoing long term goals; resolve competing priorities
• Forecast future workload and plan for temporary staff to meet obligations as needed
• Highlight when we’re running behind and escalate as necessary
• Understand how process and activities flow into reports
• Monitor correspondence and system input to confirm adherence to processes
• Spot check systems and data for accurate information
• Organize training of new staff members, including teaching / leading segments
• Modify processes and support documentation as needed
Analysis & Reporting
• Analyze, measure, and report progress against targets
• Provide progress reports to / answer questions from Regional Managers and upper level management
• Add reports / metrics as required
Team Evaluation & Performance Management
• Support team through 1:1 discussions and team coaching
• Identify individual team member performance, and manage via additional responsibilities, opportunities for growth or corrective action as needed
• Provide qualitative and quantitative input for team member reviews
EXPERIENCE & REQUIRED SKILLS
• BA required – preferably in Business
• 5+ years in similar operationally-focused role with staff management for teams of at least 15 people
• Work in a matrix reporting organizational structure
• Superior Excel skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office skills, including Outlook
• Prior experience learning new software systems, both proprietary and public
• Excellent time management, project management, planning, and organizational skills
• Commitment to achieving goals and targets
• Analytical mind-set
• Obsessed with quality and details
• Staff coaching and development
• Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude
• Works well in a collaborative environment and is a strong communicator
Please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “TIM Manager – web” in the subject line of your email.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and Multi-Adventure trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.