Whether you are preparing for a Backroads trip or are just looking for a terrific way to stay fit, joining a local spin class such as SoulCycle, Flywheel or Cyclebar is a great idea. These classes are usually just under an hour and provide you with high-intensity cardio as well as resistance training while pedaling. Plus, the adrenaline-inducing spin class playlists the instructors blast to accompany your workout are all the incentive one needs to get spinning!
It's been scientifically proven that listening to music while working out "distracts people from pain and fatigue, elevates mood, increases endurance, reduces perceived effort and may even promote metabolic efficiency."
But what if you want to get that spin class experience on your own? Hop on the bike at your local gym or in your garage and get moving--we've created a spin class playlist just for you!
Spin Through Beautiful Scenery in Croatia
A sufficient warm-up is crucial to a good workout--it helps loosen up your muscles and gets your adrenaline pumping. Start with a steady beat to find your rhythm on the saddle and leave all your stress and worries behind. These warm-up songs will help get you in the zone:
- Ultimatum- Edit - Disclosure, Fatoumata Diawara
- Makeba- Jain
- Hooked on a Feeling- Blue Swede, Bjorn Skifs
- We No Speak Americano- Radio Edit- Yolanda Be Cool, DCup
- Dance Monkey- Tones and I
Take Your Spin on the Road! Check out these Top 10 Biking-Friendly Regions of the World
Increase the resistance on your bike and feel your stamina building as you work up a sweat. It's important that the music has a good build up, a solid drop and motivating lyrics. Here's where you realize your potential and push it just a little harder than you thought you could. There's no hill you cannot climb. Turn up the volume; you got this.
- How Deep is Your Love- Chris Lake Remix- Calvin Harris, Disciples, Chris Lake
- Eye of the Tiger- Survivor
- Good Times Roll- Big Gigantic, GRIZ
- I'm in Albatroz- Workout Remix Workout Music TV
- Mi Gente- Hardwell & Quintino Remix- J Balvin, Willy William, Hardwell, Quintino
The Home Stretch
Ready for Something New & Different? Top 10 Trips New on the Travel Scene
Once your blood is pumping, your endorphins are releasing and you're feeling on top of the world, it's no time to quit! Continue pedaling on tempo--try double time during the choruses if you're feeling ambitious. Put on a feel-good song that matches your mood and can take you to the finish line strong. One of these upbeat jams should do the trick:
- Stereo Love- Molella RMZ Radio Edit- Edward Maya, Vika Jigulina
- Inspector Norse- Todd Terje
- Rasputin- 7" version- Boney M.
- Don't Stop Me Now- 2011 Mix- Queen
- Conga- Gloria Estefan
The Cool Down
Curious About Bicycle Traveling? Here is What You Need to Know
Now you can relax and wind down to more soothing music after a challenging workout--think of this as the yoga savasana of your spin class. Slow down, catch your breath and release any lingering tension you may have. You can use your bike as a prop to sufficiently stretch your legs out, which will help prevent muscle soreness in the week ahead.
- Sex on Fire- Kings of Leon
- Circles- Post Malone
- Ride It- Regard
- Love Come Down- Evelyn "Champagne King"
- Dreams- Fleetwood Mac