Three Incredible Leaders
Our Leaders Make the Trip
Great leaders are the key to an unforgettable active travel experience—and we go one better than other companies by assigning three leaders* to our Backroads trips. Guests tell us constantly that our Trip Leaders are the best they've ever traveled with, rating their performance consistently at 9.7 out of 10 on post-trip surveys. We make sure those scores stay up there by running the most rigorous recruiting, training and guest satisfaction programs in the business. We work year-round to find and train these talented people—we hired only 7% of leader applicants in 2013.
Smart, engaging, knowledgeable, caring and endlessly enthusiastic, our Trip Leaders are renowned for their ability to transform a great vacation into the kind of inspiring and even life-changing experience you could never orchestrate on your own. With our average guest-to-leader ratio of better than 6:1, you can count on enjoying a superb level of attentive personal service.
Thanks to our worldwide network of local experts, our leaders can take you even deeper into a region, sharing insights into its culture and cuisine, its wildlife and ecology, its human and natural history—plus countless small, unexpected moments in which the layers are peeled back and you are able to really see and experience what a place is all about.
*95% of Backroads guests travel with two or more support vehicles, and three Backroads leaders or support staff. The other 5% are on scheduled trips with very few guests where just one van and two leaders can maintain our high service standards.