Canadian Rockies Walking & Hiking Tour
- Extraordinary hiking in three phenomenal national parks
- Walk through evergreen forests and flowering pastures to behold sensational glaciers
- The jewel-like colors of Moraine Lake and Lake Louise
- Commune with mountain goats, pikas and hoary marmots
- A trio of iconic hotels with world-class cuisine to match
Banff, Kootenay & Yoho National Parks
You'll return to the enormity of the Canadian Rockies for the rest of your life. In the stories you'll tell friends. In the spare minutes when you think back to the staggering sight of Plain of Six Glaciers. And the thundering cascades of Takakkaw Falls. You'll think of conquering the mountain pass to secluded Emerald Lake Lodge. Meadows alive with a kaleidoscope of wildflowers. The impossible blues of Moraine Lake. And in those brief seconds before you go back to real life, you'll realize your Canadian Rockies hiking adventure never really ended.
Day 1 World-class hiking in three phenomenal Canadian national parks In Kootenay, cross a vast wildfire burn area, discovering new-growth forest with pink fireweed juxtaposed against yellow columbine Venture into a hanging valley for a view of Stanley Glacier.
Day 2 A forest trail carpeted with buttercups and bunchberry takes you to milky blue Sherbrooke Lake, the largest backcountry glacial lake in Yoho National Park Climb to Paget Lookout for staggering views of pristine glaciers, soaring peaks and emerald lakes Enjoy downtime on the patio of your log cabin at Cathedral Mountain Lodge.
Day 3 Walk through evergreen forests and blooming meadows to behold the sensational Wapta Icefield and Yoho Glacier Standing in awe before Canada's second-highest waterfall, it all makes sense: Takakkaw is Cree for "it is magnificent" Walk along the shore of Emerald Lake, right to the door of your room at beautiful Emerald Lake Lodge.
Day 4 The elegant Post Hotel, blending old-world charm with modern sophistication Climb to one of Banff National Park's most stunning alpine pastures, alive with wildflowers and whistles of wildlife Hunting great photo ops? Take aim at Crowfoot Glacier and Helen Lake.
Days 5-6 The jewel-like colors of Lake Louise and Moraine Lake Switchbacks lead to breathtaking Larch Valley and marvelous views of the ten Wenkchemna Peaks Savor the Post Hotel's exquisite cuisine - and perhaps some pampering at the spa! Commune with mountain goats, pikas and hoary marmots Hike the classic route from world-renowned Lake Louise to the historic Plain of Six Glaciers Teahouse.
Cathedral Mountain Lodge
Yoho National Park, British Columbia (2 nights) The "romantic accommodations are in charmingly rustic and comfortable log cabins tucked among trees along the glacier-fed Kicking Horse River," reports Andrew Harper.
Emerald Lake Lodge
Yoho National Park, Alberta (1 night) A secluded turn-of-the-century lodge, built of hand-hewn timber and featuring massive stone fireplaces, on the shore of a spectacular tree-rimmed glacial lake.
Post Hotel & Spa
Lake Louise, Alberta (2 nights) This European-style chalet set on the Pipestone and Bow Rivers is the epitome of old-world elegance. A Relais & Châteaux member. Travel + Leisure World's Best. (pool, spa)
Guests Reviews About This Trip
Guests Reviews About This Trip
Exceeded my expectation many times! Great trekking, beautiful views, excellent guides and fantastic food!- League City, TX
Backroads has once again convinced me that this is the only way to experience the world and get more than I expected! Fantastic is an understatement!! Looking forward to our next trip already.- New London, WI
This was our fourth trip with Backroads and just when you think your last trip could not be surpassed, it was. This trip exceeded all my expectations and the guides were outstanding.- Herndon, VA
Trip Dates & Prices
Please click on a date below for specific pricing and possible itinerary variations.
2014 CLASSIC DATES
- 8/3 - 8/8 ( $3598 per person, double occ., +$900 for single occ.
- 8/10 - 8/15 ( $3698 per person, double occ., +$900 for single occ.
- 8/17 - 8/22 ( $3698 per person, double occ., +$900 for single occ.
- 8/24 - 8/29 ( $3698 per person, double occ., +$900 for single occ.
- 9/7 - 9/12 ( $3698 per person, double occ., +$900 for single occ.
- 9/14 - 9/19 ( $3698 per person, double occ., +$900 for single occ.
2015 CLASSIC DATES
- 6/28 - 7/3 ( $3198 per person, double occ., +$840 for single occ.
- 7/5 - 7/10 ( $3198 per person, double occ., +$840 for single occ.
- 7/12 - 7/17 ( $3198 per person, double occ., +$840 for single occ.
- 7/19 - 7/24 ( $3198 per person, double occ., +$840 for single occ.
- 7/26 - 7/31 ( $3198 per person, double occ., +$840 for single occ.
- 8/2 - 8/7 ( $3198 per person, double occ., +$840 for single occ.
- 8/9 - 8/14 ( $3198 per person, double occ., +$840 for single occ.
- 8/16 - 8/21 ( $3198 per person, double occ., +$840 for single occ.
- 8/23 - 8/28 ( $3198 per person, double occ., +$840 for single occ.
- 8/30 - 9/4 ( $3198 per person, double occ., +$840 for single occ.
Don't see your ideal travel date? Call us at 800-462-2848 for Private Trip date availability.
This Trip Is Rated Level 2-5
Routes For All Abilities
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next-and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do.
|Daily Route Options|
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
|miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain|
The terrain on this trip includes alpine trails and subalpine meadow paths.
Private Trips Options & Pricing
Gather your favorite people to share a Backroads adventure on a ready-to-book Private Trip - featuring all the legendary Backroads hallmarks from expert leaders to unforgettable activities.
You can pick from a large selection of dates for your group of 8 or more. Call us for date availability.
If your party has fewer than 8 guests, or if your preferred date is not available, we'll create a departure just for you.
Pricing for Private Trips (prices may vary based on departure date)
|2 - 3 guests from $5,198 pp dbl. occ.||8 - 9 guests from $3,998 pp dbl. occ.|
|4 - 5 guests from $4,398 pp dbl. occ.||10 - 11 guests from $3,598 pp dbl. occ.|
|6 - 7 guests from $4,098 pp dbl. occ.||12 or more guests from $3,298 pp dbl. occ.|
|2 - 3 guests from $5,698 pp dbl. occ.||8 - 9 guests from $3,998 pp dbl. occ.|
|4 - 5 guests from $4,698 pp dbl. occ.||10 - 11 guests from $3,498 pp dbl. occ.|
|6 - 7 guests from $4,298 pp dbl. occ.||12 or more guests from $3,198 pp dbl. occ.|