Yosemite Multisport Tour
- Explore Yosemite's historic Gold Country on two wheels
- Glorious hikes to waterfalls, alpine meadows and spectacular panoramas
- Glean secrets of Yosemite Valley from a local naturalist
- Walk amid the Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias, Yosemite's largest stand of these ancient trees
- Ahwahnee Hotel, the best way to stay in the valley
Nature's Glorious Spectacle in the Sierra Nevada
"No temple made with hands can compare with Yosemite. Every rock in its walls seems to glow with life...their feet among beautiful groves and meadows, their brows in the sky..." John Muir, father of our national parks, would agree: Yosemite is a place that must be experienced to be believed. The iconic majesty of Half Dome. The enormity of El Capitan. The awe-inspiring immensity of centuries-old sequoias. Come experience one of the world’s most glorious land-scapes with us. Though words may fail you, this Yosemite adventure will live in your memory forever.
Day 1 Travel back in time on a bike ride through Yosemite's Gold Country, fueled by a farm-to-table picnic Vistas from the High Sierra to the Central Valley make it a memorable route Stop in at Butterfly Creek Winery for a taste of Sierra Nevada wines - and authentic mountain charm!
Day 2 Stroll in the shade of the Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias, Yosemite's largest stand of these ancient trees, believed to be 2,700 years old Feel free to stop in at the Mariposa Grove Museum, listed on the National Register of Historic Places In the mood for some R&R? Kick back at the lodge, lounge by the pool or perhaps indulge at the spa.
Day 3 The historic Ahwahnee Hotel, the best way to stay in the valley Set out on foot to Taft Point, with commanding vistas of Yosemite Valley, Half Dome and the Sierra Nevada As you hike, it's easy to feel dwarfed by the soaring cliff walls that loom above you.
Day 4 Learn about Yosemite's fascinating natural and cultural history alongside a local naturalist The valley is yours to enjoy however you wish, be it a visit to the Ansel Adams Gallery, a bike ride or a hike to Lower Yosemite Falls—dip your toes in the chilly Merced River if you dare!
Days 5-6 Lose yourself amid the sprawling beauty of the Tuolumne Meadows, with endless hiking trails, glorious high-country scenery and a profusion of summer wildflowers Cap off the week with a hike to a lookout with views of Hetch Hetchy, Wapama Falls and the surrounding high country.
Premiere & Casual Inns*
Fish Camp (2 nights) A comfortable mountain resort near Yosemite's South Gate with plentiful amenities and panoramic forest views. (pool, spa)
Yosemite Village (1 night) A National Historic Landmark - and as much an icon of Yosemite as Half Dome - the Ahwahnee features elaborate stained-glass windows, etched stone floors, original Miwok Indian arts and crafts, carved wood paneling, Oriental rugs and Shaker-style furnishings. (pool)
Groveland (2 nights) Elegantly rustic and welcoming cabins nestled amid towering pines on the western border of Yosemite. (pool)
Guest Reviews About This Trip
John Muir made the protection of Yosemite's treasured wilderness his life's mission. On our new multisport adventure in Muir's world, the dense forests, sprawling meadows, thundering waterfalls and towering granite peaks of this natural sanctuary leap to life. The Giant Sequoias, Glacier Point, Yosemite Falls and the historic Ahwahnee Hotel are but a few of the famous sites on the itinerary. And options for exploring abound - from hiking and biking to horseback riding, swimming and spa treatments. Enjoy!Riley Pearce - Regional Manager, California
Trip Dates & Prices
Please click on a date below for specific pricing and possible itinerary variations.
2014 CLASSIC DATES
- 9/2 - 9/7 ( $3198 per person, double occ., +$870 for single occ.
- 9/9 - 9/14 ( $3198 per person, double occ., +$870 for single occ.
- 10/7 - 10/12 ( $3298 per person, double occ., +$870 for single occ.
2015 CLASSIC DATES
- 6/9 - 6/14 ( $2998 per person, double occ., +$970 for single occ.
- 6/16 - 6/21 ( $2998 per person, double occ., +$970 for single occ.
- 6/30 - 7/5 ( $2998 per person, double occ., +$970 for single occ.
- 7/14 - 7/19 ( $2998 per person, double occ., +$970 for single occ.
- 7/21 - 7/26 ( $2998 per person, double occ., +$970 for single occ.
- 7/28 - 8/2 ( $2998 per person, double occ., +$970 for single occ.
- 8/4 - 8/9 ( $2998 per person, double occ., +$970 for single occ.
- 8/25 - 8/30 ( $2998 per person, double occ., +$970 for single occ.
- 9/8 - 9/13 ( $2998 per person, double occ., +$970 for single occ.
- 9/15 - 9/20 ( $2998 per person, double occ., +$970 for single occ.
- 9/22 - 9/27 ( $2998 per person, double occ., +$970 for single occ.
- 9/29 - 10/4 ( $2998 per person, double occ., +$970 for single occ.
- 10/6 - 10/11 ( $2998 per person, double occ., +$970 for single occ.
Don't see your ideal travel date? Call us at 800-462-2848 for Private Trip date availability.
This Trip Is Rated Level 1-3
Routes For All Abilities
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next-and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do.
|Daily Route Options|
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
|miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain|
|Other||Naturalist-Guided Walk (3 Hours)|
|Other||Optional Hiking, Biking, Museum Visit|
* Includes a shuttle
Private Trips Options & Pricing
Gather your favorite people to share a Backroads adventure on a ready-to-book Private Trip - featuring all the legendary Backroads hallmarks from expert leaders to unforgettable activities.
You can pick from a large selection of dates for your group of 8 or more. Call us for date availability.
If your party has fewer than 8 guests, or if your preferred date is not available, we'll create a departure just for you.
Pricing for Private Trips (prices may vary based on departure date)
|8 - 9 guests from $3,598 pp dbl. occ.||12 or more guests from $2,998 pp dbl. occ.|
|10 - 11 guests from $3,298 pp dbl. occ.|
|8 - 9 guests from $3,798 pp dbl. occ.||12 or more guests from $2,998 pp dbl. occ.|
|10 - 11 guests from $3,298 pp dbl. occ.|
For groups of 2 to 7 guests, please call for Custom Trip pricing.