Dolomites Family Multisport Tour
- Uncover the colorful history and culture of Italy's best-kept alpine secret
- With sharp eyes and a little luck, you'll spot chamois and marmots while you hike and bike
- Ride a chairlift to Rifugio Scoiattoli for superb views of the Cinque Torri
- Strudel-making with a local chef is a highlight for the youngsters
- Kids learn rock climbing basics with an expert mountaineer
Northern Italy's Awesome Alpine Playground
Ready, set, go! It's amazing, the activities you'll pack in during these six sensational days. You'll be biking old railway paths. Taking chairlifts and gondola rides among Italy's most dramatic peaks and spires. Getting a mountain goat's view of limestone massifs, deep valleys and alpine lakes. Exploring World War I trenches carved into the hillsides. Enjoying a hearty lunch at a traditional hiker's hut. Rock climbing lessons for kids and wine tastings for grown-ups. It's pure family fun in an incredible alpine playground called the Dolomites.
Day 1 Follow a mostly car-free route that's perfect for kids! Mountain bike through larch and fir forests along the twists and turns of an old railway path to Cortina d'Ampezzo, a posh town surrounded by stunning peaks and filled with shops and cafés.
Day 2 Ride a chairlift to Rifugio Scoiattoli for dramatic views of the Cinque Torri, a group of famous stone pinnacles Want to dig into the past? Our guided walk reveals World War I bunkers and trenches, and an open-air museum near Passo di Falzarego Kids get the hang of rock climbing with an expert mountaineer.
Day 3 Italy and Austria come together in a multicultural mosaic Pedal through Val Badia's scenic Ladin villages, conifer forests and flower-carpeted fields Glaciers and lofty rock towers - talk about remarkable scenery! Adults sit down to savor the culinary delights of the hotel' Michelin-starred restaurant, La Siriola Youngsters take an exhilarating zip-line ride in Colfosco before their fun-filled pizza feast!
Day 4 Explore hidden valleys and majestic mountains, arriving on the pristine Alpe di Siusi plateau by gondola Alpine gentians and poppies color your bike route Try grilled Taleggio cheese, sausage with mushrooms and polenta and other local specialties.
Days 5-6 Strudel-making with a local chef for the younger set Hike to a rifugio where ancient folk traditions thrive Gaze at beautiful Fiè allo Sciliar with its onion-shaped church steeple.
Rosapetra Spa Resort
Cortina d'Ampezzo (1 night) Offering outstanding mountain views from every angle, this welcoming hotel is located just outside of town and features contemporary alpine style. A Small Luxury Hotels of the World Member. (pool, spa)
Hotel Ciasa Salares
San Cassiano (2 nights) Set in a sprawling green meadow surrounded by lush forests. The Michelin-starred restaurant's wine list displays 1,850 labels. (pool, spa)
Fiè allo Sciliar (2 nights) This traditional alpine hotel is located against an impressive backdrop of dramatic Dolomite peaks. (pool, spa)
Guest Reviews About This Trip
This was the BEST vacation of our lives and we owe it all to Backroads and in particular our three leaders. We will definitely look to do another Backroads trip in the near future because of this experience.- Yarmouth, ME
We had an absolutely marvelous time. Our leaders were fabulous, fun and accommodating. We look forward to another Backroads trip in the future. Thanks for the great memories!!- Winnetka, IL
Our family really enjoyed the trip - it was really terrific for our kids! They loved the exercise, activities and the many options available. The leaders were outstanding - very thoughtful and courteous. It was a memorable vacation.- Kentfield, CA
Trip Dates & Prices
Please click on a date below for specific pricing and possible itinerary variations.
2015 FAMILY DATES
- 6/7 - 6/12 ( $3998 per person, double occ., +$1190 for single occ.
- 6/14 - 6/19 ( $3998 per person, double occ., +$1190 for single occ.
- 6/16 - 6/21 ( $3998 per person, double occ., +$1190 for single occ.
- 6/21 - 6/26 ( $3998 per person, double occ., +$1190 for single occ.
- 6/23 - 6/28 ( $3998 per person, double occ., +$1190 for single occ.
- 6/28 - 7/3 ( $3998 per person, double occ., +$1190 for single occ.
- 6/30 - 7/5 ( $3998 per person, double occ., +$1190 for single occ.
- 7/5 - 7/10 ( $3998 per person, double occ., +$1190 for single occ.
- 7/7 - 7/12 ( $3998 per person, double occ., +$1190 for single occ.
- 7/12 - 7/17 ( $3998 per person, double occ., +$1190 for single occ.
- 7/14 - 7/19 ( $3998 per person, double occ., +$1190 for single occ.
- 7/19 - 7/24 ( $3998 per person, double occ., +$1190 for single occ.
- 7/21 - 7/26 ( $3998 per person, double occ., +$1190 for single occ.
- 7/26 - 7/31 ( $3998 per person, double occ., +$1190 for single occ.
Don't see your ideal travel date? Call us at 800-462-2848 for Private Trip date availability.
This Trip Is Rated Level 1-3
Routes For All Abilities
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next-and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do.
|Daily Route Options|
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
|miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain|
|Kids||Rock Climbing (3 Hours)|
|Kids||Zip-Lining Excursion at Adventure Park (2 Hours)|
|Other||Optional Hiking, Paragliding, Golf or Spa Treatment|
|Kids||Strudel-Making Lesson (1 Hour)|
On this trip, we'll be using titanium mountain bikes that are just right for the non-technical dirt road riding as well as the paved riding.
On this Family Trip, liberal van shuttling is incorporated into the itinerary to facilitate our activities and mileage is kept moderate to enable you to spend more time exploring on your own.
* Includes a shuttle
Private Trips Options & Pricing
Pricing for Private Trips (prices may vary based on departure date)
|2 - 3 guests from $6,598 pp dbl. occ.||8 - 9 guests from $4,898 pp dbl. occ.|
|4 - 5 guests from $5,798 pp dbl. occ.||10 - 11 guests from $4,298 pp dbl. occ.|
|6 - 7 guests from $5,198 pp dbl. occ.||12 or more guests from $3,998 pp dbl. occ.|