Santa Barbara & Ojai Valley Bike Tour New!
- Palm-fringed bike paths along the sun-kissed coast of the American Riviera
- Stop for tastings at welcoming boutique wineries
- A wealth of diversions along the way - quaint towns, historic sites, a nature reserve and stunning views of the Pacific coast and Channel Islands
- It's the perfect pairing: exquisite California cuisine and exhilarating California hills!
- Live it up at two exclusive resorts, set amid breathtaking scenery and brimming with an array of luxuries
Rolling Waves & Rolling Hills on California's Central Coast
Let's see. What a spa treatment feels like after a glorious day on two wheels. How exquisite our evening meal tastes after a brisk climb up Gibraltar Road. Let's see Ojai orange groves, palm trees and sunsets that just don't quit. Let's combine idyllic beaches with the Santa Ynez Mountains. Let's bring the best of bicycling with the best of everything. California sun. A foodie's paradise. Four Seasons service. Five Stars under starry nights. Olive oil and suntan lotions and cycling pants and yoga pants and sand and wine and all that Santa Barbara can offer. Let's, shall we?
Days 1-2 Cruise on a scenic bike path, enjoying sun, surf and pristine Santa Barbara beaches Pass through posh Montecito, a quintessentially California community with beautiful hillside estates overlooking the ocean Bike around the wetlands at Andrée Clark Bird Refuge Head into the star-studded hills and pedal above the red-tiled roofs of Santa Barbara For even more inspiring vistas, take on "Gibraltar," a challenging but scenic route that's famous (or infamous!) among local riders Visit Old Mission Santa Barbara, one of California's most iconic historic sites Soak up the scene in Santa Barbara's "Funk Zone," filled with galleries, surf shops, a distillery and brewery, and some of the region's best wine-tasting rooms.
Day 3 The oasis of Ojai, a flower-filled "village" beneath the chaparral hills Orange groves, nurseries and sprawling ranches line our route through Toro Canyon up into the Santa Ynez Mountains Enjoy a picnic and tasting at the award-winning Old Creek Winery, set on land dating back to California's early Spanish history At our elegant resort, indulge in a swim or a famous Ojai spa treatment - your cycling muscles will thank you!
Days 4-5 Get ready to experience a "pink moment" as you keep an eye on the Topatopa Bluffs at sunset Fantastic views are yours to enjoy on the climb from Ojai into the desert-like scenery of the San Rafael Mountains and Pine Mountain summit Go for a spin up Meditation Mount and experience a Zen moment above the Ojai Valley Savor the sweet smell of citrus groves en route to family-owned Regalo Farm for a sample of superb hand-picked, cold-pressed olive oil.
Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore
Santa Barbara (2 nights) One of the most highly acclaimed resorts in the country, this landmark Spanish-style hotel was built in the 1920s and features lush tropical oceanfront grounds and dazzling views out over the Pacific. (pool, spa)
Ojai Valley Inn & Spa
Ojai (2 nights) Where Hollywood's glitterati come to be pampered! This stylish and historic resort offers something for everybody - including a luxurious spa and award-winning restaurant - in a beautiful park-like setting with hillside views in every direction. (pool, spa, tennis, golf)
Guest Reviews About This Trip
This trip has phenomenal biking! Though the mileage isn't particularly long (the longest day is around 65 miles), the terrain always offers a route with plenty of challenging hills and gorgeous scenery, like one of the most exhilarating climbs in the mountains of Santa Barbara and the ascent from Ojai to Pine Mountain summit. Opportunities off the bike abound as well: tour the Santa Barbara Mission, taste award-winning olive oils, and check out Santa Barbara's great "Funk Zone," a historic waterfront area that has been renovated over the last 10 years to include unique galleries, surf shops, a brewery, a distillery and some of the best wine-tasting rooms that this region has to offer.Regional Manager, North America
Trip Dates & Prices
Please click on a date below for specific pricing and possible itinerary variations.
2015 CLASSIC DATES
- 4/12 - 4/16 ( $2598 per person, double occ., +$830 for single occ.
- 5/3 - 5/7 ( $2598 per person, double occ., +$830 for single occ.
- 5/10 - 5/14 * Special Mother-Daughter departure! ( $2598 per person, double occ., +$830 for single occ.
- 5/17 - 5/21 ( $2598 per person, double occ., +$830 for single occ.
- 5/31 - 6/4 ( $2598 per person, double occ., +$830 for single occ.
- 7/6 - 7/10 ( $2798 per person, double occ., +$830 for single occ. Peak Season Rates Apply!
- 7/20 - 7/24 ( $2798 per person, double occ., +$830 for single occ. Peak Season Rates Apply!
- 8/17 - 8/21 ( $2798 per person, double occ., +$830 for single occ. Peak Season Rates Apply!
- 9/7 - 9/11 ( $2598 per person, double occ., +$830 for single occ.
- 9/13 - 9/17 ( $2598 per person, double occ., +$830 for single occ.
- 9/20 - 9/24 ( $2598 per person, double occ., +$830 for single occ.
- 9/27 - 10/1 ( $2598 per person, double occ., +$830 for single occ.
Don't see your ideal travel date? Call us at 800-462-2848 for Private Trip date availability.
This Trip Is Rated Level 2-4
Routes For All Abilities
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next-and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do.
|Daily Route Options|
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
|miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain|
* Includes a shuttle
Private Trips Options & Pricing
Pricing for Private Trips (prices may vary based on departure date)
|2 - 3 guests from $4,998 pp dbl. occ.||8 - 9 guests from $3,498 pp dbl. occ.|
|4 - 5 guests from $4,198 pp dbl. occ.||10 - 11 guests from $2,898 pp dbl. occ.|
|6 - 7 guests from $3,698 pp dbl. occ.||12 or more guests from $2,598 pp dbl. occ.|