Mallorca Bike Tour
- Endless vistas of the turquoise Mediterranean Sea
- Pedal the narrow and curvaceous peninsula road to breathtaking Cap de Formentor
- The dramatic Serra de Tramuntana mountain range - cycling paradise found!
- Savor delectable seafood and other local specialties
- Seaside Deià, its stone terraces lush with wild lavender and citrus groves
Spain's Idyllic Mediterranean Island
You'll feel Mallorca's irresistible allure from the moment you ease your bike onto the road. Maybe it's the steep peaks and plunging gorges of the rugged Serra de Tramuntana. Or the nearly deserted back roads, where vigorous climbs and curlicue descents thrill cyclists of all persuasions - including the pros. Perhaps it's the forgotten valleys, where ancient olive trees thrive and medieval monasteries keep watch over centuries-old villages. Or the shimmering sea fringed by secret pebble beaches. Come fall in love with it all.
Day 1 Endless vistas of the turquoise Mediterranean Sea From the resplendent port city of Palma, spin through the countryside, passing picturesque windmills and drystone walls Savor delectable seafood at a former fortress on the Bay of Palma.
Days 2-3 The dramatic Serra de Tramuntana mountain range - cycling paradise found! Ascend the ultra-curvy Orient-Bunyola route through some of Mallorca's most stunning scenery Overnight in enchanting Valldemossa, once a Moorish hamlet A spin on sinuous lanes leads through pine forests and near the monastery that once hosted Frédéric Chopin and George Sand.
Day 4 Explore the island's untouched western reaches on a coastal ride Seaside Deià invites a pause, its stone terraces lush with wild lavender and citrus groves Sip fresh local orange juice in the cozy main square of Fornalutx before conquering Mallorca's highest mountain pass Only the strongest riders will be tempted to brave the road to Sa Calobra, a thrilling rollercoaster of hairpin turns plunging 3,000 feet to the sea.
Days 5-6 Pedal the narrow winding peninsula road to breathtaking Cap de Formentor, a bluff at the island's northernmost tip offering incredible views Opt for an afternoon of relaxation at the hotel - perhaps an orange blossom body treatment appeals Up for one last spin? Follow flatter terrain along the southern side of the Serra de Tramuntana range into a fertile region dotted with orange, olive and walnut orchards.
Cala Blava (1 night) Chic contemporary design within a stunning 19th-century fortress, set on 88 acres overlooking the Bay of Palma. A Small Luxury Hotels of the World member. (pool, tennis)
Valldemossa (2 nights) Two luxuriously restored 19th-century stone houses - once part of the Valldemossa Carthusian monastery - offering sweeping views of the mountains, town and monastery. A Relais & Châteaux member. (pool, spa)
Son Brull Hotel & Spa
Pollença (2 nights) A former convent turned elegant hotel nestled on a hillside above olive groves and the Bay of Pollença. A Relais & Châteaux member. (pool, spa, tennis)
Guest Reviews About This Trip
Mallorca could be my favorite trip with Backroads! The countryside was just gorgeous, the hills were challenging, the food delicious. The expert support the leaders provided was the best ever.- Santa Fe, NM
When asked which Backroads trip has been my favorite, I usually say my last one. Even though Mallorca isn't my last trip, this one may be my favorite for a long time. I love that the terrain varies from day to day, the food is fabulous, and the motorists on the island are very bike-friendly.- Clyde Hill, WA
That might be the best trip ever. I loved it so much I would even do the same trip again. :) Your process, people and planning were top-notch. Thank you!- Raleigh, NC
Trip Dates & Prices
Please click on a date below for specific pricing and possible itinerary variations.
2015 CLASSIC DATES
- 3/29 - 4/3 ( $4498 per person, double occ., +$1610 for single occ.
- 4/12 - 4/17 ( $4198 per person, double occ., +$1610 for single occ.
- 4/19 - 4/24 * Special Spring Training departure! ( $4398 per person, double occ., +$1610 for single occ.
- 4/26 - 5/1 ( $4198 per person, double occ., +$1610 for single occ.
- 5/10 - 5/15 ( $4398 per person, double occ., +$1610 for single occ.
- 5/24 - 5/29 ( $4198 per person, double occ., +$1610 for single occ.
- 5/31 - 6/5 ( $4198 per person, double occ., +$1610 for single occ.
- 6/14 - 6/19 ( $4198 per person, double occ., +$1610 for single occ.
- 8/30 - 9/4 ( $4398 per person, double occ., +$1610 for single occ. Peak Season Rates Apply!
- 9/6 - 9/11 ( $4398 per person, double occ., +$1610 for single occ. Peak Season Rates Apply!
- 9/13 - 9/18 ( $4698 per person, double occ., +$1610 for single occ. Peak Season Rates Apply!
- 9/27 - 10/2 ( $4398 per person, double occ., +$1610 for single occ. Peak Season Rates Apply!
Don't see your ideal travel date? Call us at 800-462-2848 for Private Trip date availability.
This Trip Is Rated Level 2-5
Routes For All Abilities
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next-and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do.
|Daily Route Options|
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
|miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain|
* Includes a shuttle
Private Trips Options & Pricing
Pricing for Private Trips (prices may vary based on departure date)
|2 - 3 guests from $6,498 pp dbl. occ.||8 - 9 guests from $5,098 pp dbl. occ.|
|4 - 5 guests from $5,898 pp dbl. occ.||10 - 11 guests from $4,498 pp dbl. occ.|
|6 - 7 guests from $5,398 pp dbl. occ.||12 or more guests from $4,198 pp dbl. occ.|