Andalucia Bike Tour
- Pedal back in time, tracing the classic route of Los Pueblos Blancos
- Authentic Andalusian cuisine - traditional tapas, gazpacho and world-class olive oils
- Relax at unique hotels, from a former convent to a marvelous Moorish-inspired palace
- Explore Sevilla and Granada, our dazzling gateway cities
- Experience a captivating mix of ancient cultures
From Flamboyant Sevilla to Glorious Granada
With each click of the castanets, you feel it - from flamenco to fiestas, gazpacho to tapas, bodegas to bullrings - the essence of Spain lies squarely in the heart of Andalucía. In the remote and untamed expanses of this long-ago Moorish stronghold, every striking cathedral, otherworldly mountain peak and brilliantly whitewashed village has captivating stories to tell. We'll take you deep inside and reveal their secrets. Biking in Andalucía with Backroads - quintessentially wonderful!
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
Terrain & ShuttlesWith Andalucía's limestone cliffs and ancient hilltop towns, you can look forward to some great climbs and descents. If you want a boost, we can flatten some of the hills with strategic shuttles, but you should be comfortable with some long downhills or hopping in the van for a lift.
Days 1-2 Pedal back in time, tracing the classic route of Los Pueblos Blancos Rendezvous in vibrant Sevilla Spin through the countryside past Zahara de la Sierra, a pueblo blanco that was once a Moorish outpost Pine-clad hills in the Grazalema mountains (a favorite haunt of local cyclists) serve up challenging climbs - and heavenly views Get to know the ancient capital of Ronda Perched on a high plateau and sliced in half by a sheer vertical gorge, the town's setting is spectacular!
Day 3 Authentic Andalusian cuisine - traditional tapas, gazpacho and world-class olive oils Dramatic cliffs and sweeping vistas lead to the rugged canyon of El Chorro, a mecca for local outdoor lovers Savor breezes perfumed by orange and lemon trees as you take in views of the Guadalhorce River in the valley below The well-preserved village of Antequera, surrounded by a sea of olive trees, is sure to delight you when lit up at night.
Days 4-6 Relax at unique hotels, from a former convent to a marvelous Moorish-inspired palace Fantastically eroded limestone rock formations are yours to admire in the National Park El Torcal Spend time off your bike and get a close-up look at these 150-million-year-old geologic wonders Climbing above a sparkling reservoir, cruise an undulating route with views of the distant Sierra Nevada Pedal past olive trees as far as the eye can see on your way to whitewashed lakeside villages.
Casual & Premiere Inns*
Hotel Catalonia Reina Victoria
Ronda (2 nights) With a dramatic setting directly on the edge of El Tajo Gorge, this newly renovated hotel offers unrivaled access to local attractions and is surrounded by pine forests and gardens. (pool, spa)
Hotel Convento La Magdalena
Antequera (1 night) This former 16th-century convent is famous for its frescoes, which were recently discovered and are still undergoing restoration. (pool, spa, golf)
Barceló La Bobadilla
Loja (2 nights) You may never want to leave this splendid palace, beautifully set amid a sea of olive groves. (pool, spa)
Guest Reviews About This Trip
It was an outstanding trip in all respects. I loved the challenge of the riding and am now solidly ready for my spring cycling season. GREAT TRIP, GREAT LEADERS!!!!- Columbia, MD
Another fantastic experience beyond my already high expectations from other Backroads trips! I just pick a location and let Backroads wow me. I can't imagine that a vacation could be any better.- San Anselmo, CA
This was my first ever Backroads trip, but certainly not my last. Your guides were awesome, the organization flawless, great hotels, wonderful participants and of course Andalucía was spectacular!- Durango, CO
Trip Dates & Prices
Please click on a date below for specific pricing and possible itinerary variations.
2014 CLASSIC DATES
- 9/14 - 9/19 ( $3798 per person, double occ., +$600 for single occ.
- 9/21 - 9/26 ( $3798 per person, double occ., +$600 for single occ.
- 9/28 - 10/3 ( $3798 per person, double occ., +$600 for single occ.
- 10/5 - 10/10 ( $3698 per person, double occ., +$600 for single occ.
- 10/19 - 10/24 ( $3798 per person, double occ., +$600 for single occ.
- 10/26 - 10/31 ( $3798 per person, double occ., +$600 for single occ.
2015 SINGLES-SOLOS DATES
- 5/3 - 5/8 ( $3598 per person, double occ., +$650 for single occ.
2015 CLASSIC DATES
- 4/5 - 4/10 ( $3598 per person, double occ., +$650 for single occ.
- 4/19 - 4/24 ( $3598 per person, double occ., +$650 for single occ.
- 5/17 - 5/22 ( $3798 per person, double occ., +$650 for single occ.
- 5/31 - 6/5 ( $3598 per person, double occ., +$650 for single occ.
- 6/14 - 6/19 ( $3598 per person, double occ., +$650 for single occ.
- 9/6 - 9/11 ( $3598 per person, double occ., +$650 for single occ.
- 9/13 - 9/18 ( $3598 per person, double occ., +$650 for single occ.
- 9/20 - 9/25 ( $3598 per person, double occ., +$650 for single occ.
- 9/27 - 10/2 ( $3598 per person, double occ., +$650 for single occ.
Don't see your ideal travel date? Call us at 800-462-2848 for Private Trip date availability.
This Trip Is Rated Level 3-5
Routes For All Abilities
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next-and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do.
|Daily Route Options|
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
|miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain|
* Includes a shuttle
Private Trips Options & Pricing
Gather your favorite people to share a Backroads adventure on a ready-to-book Private Trip - featuring all the legendary Backroads hallmarks from expert leaders to unforgettable activities.
You can pick from a large selection of dates for your group of 8 or more. Call us for date availability.
If your party has fewer than 8 guests, or if your preferred date is not available, we'll create a departure just for you.
Pricing for Private Trips (prices may vary based on departure date)
|2 - 3 guests from $5,798 pp dbl. occ.||8 - 9 guests from $4,298 pp dbl. occ.|
|4 - 5 guests from $4,998 pp dbl. occ.||10 - 11 guests from $3,698 pp dbl. occ.|
|6 - 7 guests from $4,498 pp dbl. occ.||12 or more guests from $3,398 pp dbl. occ.|
|2 - 3 guests from $5,798 pp dbl. occ.||8 - 9 guests from $4,398 pp dbl. occ.|
|4 - 5 guests from $4,998 pp dbl. occ.||10 - 11 guests from $3,898 pp dbl. occ.|
|6 - 7 guests from $4,598 pp dbl. occ.||12 or more guests from $3,598 pp dbl. occ.|